This category is wait list only

Architect

Greetings Seabourners: I've found the perfect itinerary and it's your South American Highlights - February 11, 2011 - 20 Days.

One small problem: all of the better categories are already booked up! Now, I'll be perfectly happy with a veranda suite but my friend who will be travelling separately will require one of the top categories and the top five categories are all "wait list only".

My question: The Seabourn site simply says: "Please check back frequently for availability." That is, no actual 'wait list' per se. Is there any way to get in line? Is this a time when a travel agent would be useful?

And separately, how likely is it that one of the topmost categories will actually free up in the next month or so? I don't want to keep wishing and hoping if it's futile. TIA.

Greetings Seabourners: I've found the perfect itinerary and it's your South American Highlights - February 11, 2011 - 20 Days.

One small problem: all of the better categories are already booked up! Now, I'll be perfectly happy with a veranda suite but my friend who will be travelling separately will require one of the top categories and the top five categories are all "wait list only".

My question: The Seabourn site simply says: "Please check back frequently for availability." That is, no actual 'wait list' per se. Is there any way to get in line? Is this a time when a travel agent would be useful?

And separately, how likely is it that one of the topmost categories will actually free up in the next month or so? I don't want to keep wishing and hoping if it's futile. TIA.

Yes,you need to speak to a TA that knows Seabourn.People cancel for all sorts of reasons.If you are not in the system then you are knowhere.

As lordoftheseas says definitely use a TA who knows SB well. The most likely time for a cancellation is final payment time which is three months before sailing but it can happen anytime and the right TA can help.

Archived