Next Month and question

Suncoaster

I know you will all understand if I am excited and can now say we cruise "Next Month" seems ages since we booked in January. Haven't got the tickets yet, but can't be far away.

We are doing the standard 7 night cruise from Brisbane, on Pacific Dawn, going to Noumea, Lifou and Vila, does anyone know if we get one of two formal nights, and if so which nights?

Thanks.

I know you will all understand if I am excited and can now say we cruise "Next Month" seems ages since we booked in January. Haven't got the tickets yet, but can't be far away.

We are doing the standard 7 night cruise from Brisbane, on Pacific Dawn, going to Noumea, Lifou and Vila, does anyone know if we get one of two formal nights, and if so which nights?

Thanks.

When we went on 7-night cruises there were two formal nights. These are usually the second night of the cruise and the second last night.

Someone who has been on a 7-night cruise on the Pacific Dawn recently would be able to tell us if there are still 2 formal nights.

We went in June and it was still the same - two cocktail nights, as they are called now. Yes the second night and second last night - both sea days.

There were also Country & Western, Pirate and Island theme nights in between. It's busy, busy, busy! :) Hope you have a great cruise.

We went in June and it was still the same - two cocktail nights, as they are called now. Yes the second night and second last night - both sea days.

There were also Country & Western, Pirate and Island theme nights in between. It's busy, busy, busy! :) Hope you have a great cruise.

Yes this what we had on our last cruise which was the same you/Suncoaster are going on next months. you will have a ball enjoy it as we and many others have done in the past.

Thanks for the replies. looks like we will need a holiday after to recover. Our last cruise was 10 days so there was a bit more time to take it in. Did you find it considerably warmer after the first day, especially as you went in June, or was Noumea the same temp as Brisbane?

Thanks for the replies. looks like we will need a holiday after to recover. Our last cruise was 10 days so there was a bit more time to take it in. Did you find it considerably warmer after the first day, especially as you went in June, or was Noumea the same temp as Brisbane?

Suncoaster, it was a little warmer, but not much. It was very overcast and windy, so we needed jackets on the tchou tchou train. (Also, bear in mind, we didn't arrive there until 3 pm.) Lifou was pleasant, although still overcast - very windy on the jetty side where the ship's tenders dock, so it wasn't nice to swim there, although Jinek Bay was lovely and calm. At Vila it was raining, but not cold until the late afternoon. (Hoping for better luck next time! :rolleyes:) I think with sunny weather, it would have been warmer.

From watching the webcams it seems to me that the weather in the islands is often 'gloomy' during the winter months. However, it did not detract from our enjoyment of the cruise. You will have a ball, anyhow. :)

Archived