Trying to contact Marta Marquez in Montevideo

2morrow

That is the only email address I have for her when we used her in 2008. I assume you have tried more than once? I did find that email was not 100% reliable in SA. I went through my notes and I did find a cell phone number...

094 104 174

My notes also have country code for Uruguay is 598 and city code for Montevideo is 2. Don't know if any of that helps or if she still has the same number and email address. Good luck, Debbie

Marta ***** did respond to me in Feb/09 from the hotmail address that you posted. We e-mailed for a few weeks but ultimately we decided to use someone else for our Montevideo touring. But Marta was pretty reliable in communication. Keep trying!

Can you tell me who you used to tour Montevideo with?
After corresponding with several tour operators in Montevideo, we decided to hone in our real interest of wine tasting. So we arranged a private tour & tastings at Varela Zarranz vineyard. We were met at the ship by a driver & transported by mini-van to the winery about 1-hr from Montevideo. Upon arrival, we were met by Magdalena, a most gracious & knowledgeable hostess who is also a trained sommelier. Our tour began in the vineyards where Magdalena told us about the various grapes. Then we continued into the production plant which was an interesting mix of modern techniques and traditional wine-making. After the tour, we were welcomed into a beautiful tasting room where we sampled 3 different wines along with artfully-arranged meat & cheese platters. Our tour & tastings including round-trip transportation was $30 pp (in March/09).

The entire excursion at the winery took about 2½ hr & then we were transferred back to the pier in Montevideo. On the route back, the driver pointed out several highlights, but it was Sunday & many of the principal buildings were closed. We still had enough time to explore Mercado Puerto, have a taste of beef asado & do a little souvenir shopping. Everyone agreed it was a spectacular day.

Archived