wine pkg on Epic?

erdoran

I saw the downloadable list of wines on the NCL website, but I don't see any "wine package". Is there such a thing, or am I better off to just pre-order specific bottles? Short of smuggling or bringing my own and paying corkage, what's the most cost-effective way to have say, five or six bottles of wine aboard Epic for my cruise? I'm thinking of consumer-type wine, not the boxes/Ripple type of thing, but not $50/bottle (shore price!) stuff either.

thanks!

It's been posted that you can buy 6-8 bottles of wine once you get on board and get a 20% discount on the total price. You can also bring wine with you and pay a $15 per bottle corkage fee. Hope this helps!!

It's been posted that you can buy 6-8 bottles of wine once you get on board and get a 20% discount on the total price. You can also bring wine with you and pay a $15 per bottle corkage fee. Hope this helps!!

Thanks for the information, so you can only order and get the discount on board, must you order all six to get the 20% discount?

Thanks

If I bring a bottle on with me to enjoy on my balcony, do they still add it on? I would assume it would only be for the restaurants but the wording is not terribly clear.

Sorry OP for the mini hijack there with my question but I figure it is related (that and I am interested in your question too:))

We looked into the wine package, but the list was very limited. You did have to order a minimum of 6 bottles to get the discount. We just decided to order of the menus in the restaurants. If we had a bottle we liked in one restaurant and it wasn't on the menu where we were eating, they were still able to get us the kind we liked. Just ask!

We looked into the wine package, but the list was very limited. You did have to order a minimum of 6 bottles to get the discount. We just decided to order of the menus in the restaurants. If we had a bottle we liked in one restaurant and it wasn't on the menu where we were eating, they were still able to get us the kind we liked. Just ask!

Was this wine pkg something that was offered on embarkation or did it have to be purchased pre-sailing? And was it 20% discount? thanks

I have a question that I have yet to be seen discussed or answered

1. If you bring wine on the ship, you pay a $15 corking fee per bottle, but how does that wine actually make it on the ship ? Do you walk into one of the restaurants with it ? Do they check it in before hand ? Not sure how that process works....

2. What is the corking fee on a liter bottle ? What about a half gallon ? Still just the $15 ?

If anyone knows let me know :) :) :)

What about a half gallon ? Still just the $15 ?

:)

Haha, you sound like me. I asked about bringing a box of wine on board! (But no, that's not allowed).

I am a "cheap" wine drinker, and was thinking about buying some cheap bottles of wine and bringing them on board, but then I saw the NCL wine list and see many bottles priced at $28-$30. So I figured why buy a cheap $12 bottle of wine, only to also pay a $15 corkage fee on top of that, which would equal $27. Might as well save the hassle of lugging on my own wine just to save a buck, ya know? I'll just buy the $28 bottles on board. :cool::D

Haha, you sound like me. I asked about bringing a box of wine on board! (But no, that's not allowed).

I am a "cheap" wine drinker, and was thinking about buying some cheap bottles of wine and bringing them on board, but then I saw the NCL wine list and see many bottles priced at $28-$30. So I figured why buy a cheap $12 bottle of wine, only to also pay a $15 corkage fee on top of that, which would equal $27. Might as well save the hassle of lugging on my own wine just to save a buck, ya know? I'll just buy the $28 bottles on board. :cool::D

You can get a gallon of Carlo Rossi for $10 here in Michigan. It's in a glass bottle/jug, so not sure what rule NCL would make to keep the rif raff from bringing in some large jug of rossi, haha.... but with a $15 corking fee that's only $5 a bottle total. If they allow it, I'm bringing Rossi, just to get some reactions out of the people in the fancy restaurants. Wine drinkers can be the worst for being stuck up, if you ask me.... (I actually have a friend that does this out in California, haha)

Also, around here you can buy $4-5 bottles of "good enough" mascato..... which after the corking fee would still be $10savings after they charge you for a tip on the cheapest bottle.

Anyway, I'm actually not a wine drinker, but my gf's idea of drinking wine is one glass so I have to finish off a lot of bottles (ok, maybe not "have" to... but who would waste it) Thankfully for me she doesn't judge drunks, because on top of what I've drank the wine usually will do me in....

You can order the wine package at the Atrium Bar any night of the cruise. We looked into it on the 2nd night and decided the selection was too limited. Not sure if you can order pre-cruise. You could just go there as soon as you get on board. We've done Disney and RCL where you could order the package the first night you dined at your dinner table. Not so on the Epic. We sat down the first night and were told we would have to go the Atrium to order a package.

You can get a gallon of Carlo Rossi for $10 here in Michigan. It's in a glass bottle/jug, so not sure what rule NCL would make to keep the rif raff from bringing in some large jug of rossi, haha.... but with a $15 corking fee that's only $5 a bottle total.

I just found this on the NCL website:

Fees are $15 for 750ml bottles, $20 for 1,000ml and $30 for 1,500ml. Boxed wine is not allowed.

You can order the wine package at the Atrium Bar any night of the cruise. We looked into it on the 2nd night and decided the selection was too limited. Not sure if you can order pre-cruise. You could just go there as soon as you get on board. We've done Disney and RCL where you could order the package the first night you dined at your dinner table. Not so on the Epic. We sat down the first night and were told we would have to go the Atrium to order a package.

thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to know!

If they allow it, I'm bringing Rossi, just to get some reactions out of the people in the fancy restaurants. Wine drinkers can be the worst for being stuck up, if you ask me.... (I actually have a friend that does this out in California, haha)

LOVE IT!!!

Although I am mostly a beer drinker, I do drink wine just to get that fun "wine buzz" going on. :cool:

And agree that indeed the "wine snobs" are the worst. Once I was at a bar (getting kinda sloshed with my hubby) :p and I asked for my wine to be put in a lowball glass (ya know, the short stubby kind of glass that vodka tonics & whiskey sours are served in). Well anyway, I asked for my wine to be in this because I always spill wine glasses.....that long stem is just too unstable for the party girl in me. So this couple sitting at a booth sharing a bottle of wine looked at me with the most disgusted look I have ever seen, they whispered and pointed at me, they rolled their eyes, etc. SHEESH!!!

Holy crap, I am the one paying for my damn drink, let me drink out of the kind of glass I want to! (Hey, I know it's trashy to drink wine out of a lowball glass, but I dig it. To each their own, ya know?)

But boy, I would love to be on the cruise with you, sitting in some fancy restaurant and see the looks on peoples faces when you strolled in with a jug of wine! Too funny!!!!!!

So is it a minimum of 6 bottles for the discount and do you have to pre-order each individual bottle or can you make the selection nightly from a list depending on what you're eating?

On Celebrity we were able to order a wine package at various levels and price points... the higher the price, the better the selection.

There were 2 levels of wine packages on the Disney and RCL lines, too. The Epic was diffferent and offered one sheet listing all of the wines available as part of the package and their individual prices. You had to check the 6 to 8 bottles that you wanted to order on that form when you signed up. We didn't sign up, but I think that if you ordered 6 or more, then you would get each bottle of wine for 20% off the listed price. So, I guess the plus side would be that you could mix and match expensive and less expensive wines. They just didn't have the wine we wanted to drink on the list.

There were 2 levels of wine packages on the Disney and RCL lines, too. The Epic was diffferent and offered one sheet listing all of the wines available as part of the package and their individual prices. You had to check the 6 to 8 bottles that you wanted to order on that form when you signed up. We didn't sign up, but I think that if you ordered 6 or more, then you would get each bottle of wine for 20% off the listed price. So, I guess the plus side would be that you could mix and match expensive and less expensive wines. They just didn't have the wine we wanted to drink on the list.

So not all the wines are on the list? Does anyone have the list? We figured we'd do the package and save us the hassle of lugging bottles with us (20% off of the ones we like would be about the same overall cost as paying $15 corkage on top of what we pay here) but if not all the wines are on the list we might have to re-think that. We typically drink a bottle with dinner each night and our TA is giving us one bottle, so 6 bottles at 20% off seemed perfect.

Thanks in advance to everyone!

So not all the wines are on the list? Does anyone have the list? We figured we'd do the package and save us the hassle of lugging bottles with us (20% off of the ones we like would be about the same overall cost as paying $15 corkage on top of what we pay here) but if not all the wines are on the list we might have to re-think that. We typically drink a bottle with dinner each night and our TA is giving us one bottle, so 6 bottles at 20% off seemed perfect.

Thanks in advance to everyone!

Good question,

I wish people would stop talking about on land prices, we all know the deal, just trying to get information.

there is good information on the wine package in a posted review by "Imreadyformynextvacation". It sounds like kind of a hassle unless you are going to only have your wine delivered to the main dining rooms.

wine and hassle don't mix, imo!

Where did you find the info on the corking fee? We're sailing on Epic this fall and would love to bring our own wine on board (we own a winery) and pay a corking fee, but all I've found is in Epic's FAQs: "Passenger is not allowed to bring on board the vessel any intoxicating liquors, or beverages".....how do you bring it on and get it through to be able to bring a bottle to a restaurant or bar to be uncorked?

Where did you find the info on the corking fee? We're sailing on Epic this fall and would love to bring our own wine on board (we own a winery) and pay a corking fee, but all I've found is in Epic's FAQs: "Passenger is not allowed to bring on board the vessel any intoxicating liquors, or beverages".....how do you bring it on and get it through to be able to bring a bottle to a restaurant or bar to be uncorked?

On the NCL website use the "I'm searching for..." feature. Type: "Corkage Fee" and you will get all kinds of info from the "Ask & Answer" section. NCL monitors the answers to posted questions and correct or deletes incorrect information.

I still can't find the information on the wine packages. I did see the wine list (on NCL.com) that was available to order but it did not say anything about a discount. Can someone please point me in the right direction. I am sailing on The Pearl in October.

I still can't find the information on the wine packages. I did see the wine list (on NCL.com) that was available to order but it did not say anything about a discount. Can someone please point me in the right direction. I am sailing on The Pearl in October.

There is no information on the NCL website because:

This is only available AFTER you board the ship and the terms and availability will vary by ship and sailing.