Thomson soooo expensive next year!

We were looking to book a two week B2B cruise next June on the Spirit and it would have cost us £2986. That's with an inside cabin on deck 2/3. The AI package offered is £676 :mad:

We have now booked 11 nights on the Grand Princess with a balcony on deck 11 (Baja deck) with $600 on board spend, plus free parking at Southampton for £2916.

Thomson need to do something soon before they loose all their loyal customers.

I love the Thomson ships, the service and staff are second to none, but I'm not going to spend more money than I need to just for service and a smile/laugh.

Jayne xxx

We were looking to book a two week B2B cruise next June on the Spirit and it would have cost us £2986. That's with an inside cabin on deck 2/3. The AI package offered is £676 :mad:

We have now booked 11 nights on the Grand Princess with a balcony on deck 11 (Baja deck) with $600 on board spend, plus free parking at Southampton for £2916.

Thomson need to do something soon before they loose all their loyal customers.

I love the Thomson ships, the service and staff are second to none, but I'm not going to spend more money than I need to just for service and a smile/laugh.

Jayne xxx

Jayne

Different here.Booked a stay and cruise(Dream) for June next year(free AI) and its actually cheaper than our Stay and Cruise in June this year with no AI

Just been reading some reviews of Grand Princess, as a friend of ours went on her in May and was not very impressed as he said they were trying to get money out of him all the time. Reviews are mixed (as usual), but seems they have had problems similar to the Dream with toilets (won't go into details:rolleyes:)

Apparently she is to be refitted in April, so those problems will hopefully have been resolved.

While I agree that Thomson should look to their laurels, especially with all the new ships coming into the market, you have to take into account that the price of drinks on all American ships are subject to 15% service charge on top of being expensive to start with. $24 plus for bottle of wine! Also they add $11 per person to your account for tips, unless you ask them to be taken off (which we did on Sea Princess)

When we looked at prices for a Caribbean Cruise for next year, Royal Caribbean was cheaper than thomson, and that was taking into account Tips and drinks. So its a change for us next year and going with a different cruise line. Would have loved to have sailed again with Thomsons, but prices are so expensive now.

Archived