How far in advance can you book shore excursions?

bdl729

Can anybody tell me when shore excursions will show up to book? We are cruising to Alaska in May 2011 and when I click on the shore excursions button on my NCL it says they are working on developing exciting tours for this destination and to check back soon! Does it mean they will be different than in the past or is it just too early?

Seems like it's typically about 3-4 months, although not all excursions may show up immediately. Especially if their contract renewal is around the same timeframe.

And excursions for January/February cruises are sometimes only available beginning around mid-Novemeber/Thanksgiving time,

We have our excursions already booked for our cruise next May/2011 in Europe, since last month. My friend who is on an Alaska cruise next May as well, says she can't book yet, either.

For our May/2010 cruise to Alaska...I booked in early Nov/2009. I can't remember if I had to wait that long because it wasn't an option yet or just late booking...but I think I had to wait, because usually I book as early as possible. So maybe its an Alaska thing???

Archived