My review of the Carnival Conquest 8/1/10

dac61

So we went to dinner the first night and enjoyed one heck of a meal. The melting cake was very good.

P1050507.jpg

We then went to the welcome aboard show. My Son in law was selected to go on stage. What a hoot!P1050516.jpg

It was a version of musical hats. His new name given to him by CD Chris was "Mr. Excitement"

P1050525.jpg

P1050526.jpg

He lost to the short guy but still got a bottle of Champagne! Good start to a great week!

So we went to dinner the first night and enjoyed one heck of a meal. The melting cake was very good.

P1050507.jpg

We then went to the welcome aboard show. My Son in law was selected to go on stage. What a hoot!P1050516.jpg

It was a version of musical hats. His new name given to him by CD Chris was "Mr. Excitement"

P1050525.jpg

P1050526.jpg

He lost to the short guy but still got a bottle of Champagne! Good start to a great week!

Congrats to your son in law! You're right... great way to start your week...

:)

I did forget to mention that at dinner a lady came to our table and asked for me. I had no idea what was up but she handed me a bottle of red wine from CD Chris. Mach did you have something to do with this???? It was very nice and it was enjoyed!

I did forget to mention that at dinner a lady came to our table and asked for me. I had no idea what was up but she handed me a bottle of red wine from CD Chris. Mach did you have something to do with this???? It was very nice and it was enjoyed!

Could be...

;)

We went to te show "Voila Paris" It was ok but not as good as the shows from my previous cruise on the Miracle 6 yrs ago. There were alot of things on this cruise that seemed to be downgraded from my last cruise.

No midnight buffet, The food extravaganza they used to do with the ice carvings and fruits etc. I suppose if you are new to cruising you would not mis these things but I did. I understand the money issue but I for one missed them.

We also attended some of the ADULT puchline comedy shows. This was awesome. The comics were very funny. I heard others saying they thought they were crude but I guess i must have a crude sense of humor. I laughed my butt off! This is a great addition to the line up on the ships. I would say a must see for me. There were 2 comics to start the week and mid week we switched out and got 2 others. All were very funny. You should also know that they do a family comedy show each night as well so those of you with a timid sense of humor will not be left out. It was very good stuff. I suggest you take time to see this. The shows fill up so arrive early!!!

So we get on dry land in Jamaica. We have no solid plans other than go to Margaritaville. So we climb on a bus and off we go. This ride could have been a pay ride at any amusement park LOL. Honk pull out and hope the other cars stop. All on the wrong side of the road :). We made a stop at the craft shop. Well I must say they are crafty. At this location prices a very flexible. Thick skin may be needed tho. You are begged to go into shops and they are small shops. 2 people inside is about max. Owner then stands in door and says make me offer on my stuff. The prices are very good and some of the artwork is very nice. We had a beautiful sunset over the water painted with our names date and Jamaica written on it. 12 bucks.

was offered beer and smoke for my head as well. No pricing for this as I declined the products. It was a fun experience! Now back on the amusement park ride called the bus. Keep in mind when bus drops you off it leaves with the other passengers that stayed on. You must wait for next bus. If it is full and only 1 person gets off well only one person can get on. So 2 busses later the 4 of us got on and were off to Margaritaville!

Archived