My review of the Carnival Conquest 8/1/10

dac61

So we get on dry land in Jamaica. We have no solid plans other than go to Margaritaville. So we climb on a bus and off we go. This ride could have been a pay ride at any amusement park LOL. Honk pull out and hope the other cars stop. All on the wrong side of the road :). We made a stop at the craft shop. Well I must say they are crafty. At this location prices a very flexible. Thick skin may be needed tho. You are begged to go into shops and they are small shops. 2 people inside is about max. Owner then stands in door and says make me offer on my stuff. The prices are very good and some of the artwork is very nice. We had a beautiful sunset over the water painted with our names date and Jamaica written on it. 12 bucks.

was offered beer and smoke for my head as well. No pricing for this as I declined the products. It was a fun experience! Now back on the amusement park ride called the bus. Keep in mind when bus drops you off it leaves with the other passengers that stayed on. You must wait for next bus. If it is full and only 1 person gets off well only one person can get on. So 2 busses later the 4 of us got on and were off to Margaritaville!

And this is why I always take a cab...

:)

Margaritaville!!! What a fun place!

P1050625.jpg

P1050626.jpg

P1050627.jpg

The water slide was a blast and so were trampolines. I did talk to a gentleman later on board who's wife broke or cracked her ribs when she hit the water comming of the slide. I do know that I had some jewels rattled the 2nd time I came down. I must say a good time was had by all of us there!!! They even gave us arm bands to take to Cayman for a free Marg there!!!

Water was warm people were very friendly and we had a great time swimming around and staying cool!!!

P1050631.jpg

This little guy came off water slide and froze in the water. Arms up in the air hoping for a helping hand. Nicole pulled the little guy to the dock where his father thanked her for the help.

My wife the HERO!!!!:D

Ah yes, the waterslide at Margaritaville.....I distinctly remember my swim bottoms coming off on that slide, that thing is dangerous!!

You can pick up some speed on the straight part of the slide!

That is me hitting the water.

We left Mararitaville and got back on the crazy bus. As we were driving back we had many street vendors knocking on the bus windows trying to sell their products. This seemed insane based on the way people drive there. The driver said no one has ever been hit that he knows of. That was a surprise.

When we got back to the ship this is what we met!

P1050657.jpg

P1050658.jpg

P1050659.jpg

P1050663.jpg

The guy with the white bag was the money collector.

The last song they played.....You guessed it

The Star Spangled Banner! It was a nice touch.

Now Grand Cayman is where I got dissapointed. Not about Cayman but about our shore excursion. We booked the Dolphin swim and Stingray city. The cost $169.00 thru Carnival. We tendered off the ship and met our group on shore. We were bussed to the Dolphin Cove. When we arrived we were taken out to see and learn a little about the dolphins. Very little that is. This was a hurry up we have another group comming soon show.They gave us PFDs and got us in the water. Our total encounter with dolphins was about 2 minutes perperson. I guess I was hoping for a little more time. NO PICTURES alowed but you could purchase theirs at an over inflated price. They also had a cd you could purchase. $70..00 i believe. We passed.

Onto a tender and off to Stingrays. This was much better. It was about a 40 minute ride and when we arrived it looked like a parking lot. Boats everywhere. Our guide was very good though and took good care of us.

These photos are from Dolphin Cove and stingrays. Pictures were allowed at Dolphin Cove until we got in the water.

On the way out to the stingrays they allowed us to sit on the front bow, which was nice since it was hot and the splash felt very good!

P1050776.jpg

P1050778.jpg

P1050779.jpg

P1050781.jpg

P1050782.jpg

My wife was abit nervous about getting in the water but did finally muster up the courage to do it. We have pictures taken with an underwater camera but do not have them developed yet so I will poast as soon as I get them.

One other thing that my wife did not like is when I took some of the water from feeding bucket and rubbed her back. The rays swam up her backside. I must say I thought it was funny but her.....not so much! :eek:

Our guide for the stingrays got in a little trouble when we returned. He kept us out there too long and next group was waiting for our return. I thanked him with a tip for keeping us out there. The stingray part was much better than the dolphin part!

Archived