Taking soda on board Enchantment of the Seas at the Port of Baltimore

Has anyone recently had success in sending a 12-pack of soda or two on board the Enchantment of the Seas out of Baltimore? Last year my family had no difficulty at all doing it for a cruise to Bermuda on the Norwegian Majesty. I'd like to try it again later this week so the kids can have something to drink in our cabin at night, but I hate to waste the effort if R. C. just won't allow it.

Question? Is it the same group that screen bags for all Cruise lines? Are the screeners employed by the Port of Baltimore rather then RCL or Carnival? We went on cruise in Spring on Carnival and took bottles of alcohol on in our suitcases...no problem. It seems now people are saying RCL is so strict..but if same screeners, we may take another chance when we leave in a couple of weeks. Anyone know?

You can take your cases of soda on the Enchantment of the Seas but you should put a baggage tag on it before giving it to the porter/baggage handler at RCCL.

Yes, that is what they did last year before boarding Norwegian Majesty. But my husband said he read somewhere that you cannot get away with doing the same thing with R. C. Do you know for a fact that you can?

Archived