Lindquist beach or Lime Tree Beach?????

Travel Lover

I'm not familiar with Lime Tree Beach. Lindquist beach, now called Smith Bay beach, is beautiful. For a cruiser it is not the best however as it is far away from any amenities. There are two port-a-potties, a few picnic benches, lifeguards and that's about it. There are no phones so you have to depend on the taxi driver to come back and get you. They were renting beach chairs for $5 a day but they stopped last year and I don't know if they resumed.

Secret Harbor, Morningstar, Megans and Emerald are the best IMO for cruisers. They all have full service restaurants, chairs and beach toys for rent. There are plenty of taxi's at all of these.

Thank you. Would you feel safe there with your family? I know it is more seculded, that is why I like it --- not so crowded. But I do not want to be unsafe. That Airforce 1 will take people there and pick them back up. That is the only reason I was considering it.

I spend a month in St Thomas each February. I take my wife, my children and my grandchildren there each year. Those are the most important people in my life. You'll find groups of families there both local and visitors. I don't feel safe at Coki or Megans. The crowds are just to big. From what I understand Air Force 1 is a very reliable tour guide and he wouldn't take you there either if he felt it was unsafe.

Actually I'm a little disappointed to hear he's doing it. It means it too will start getting more crowded.

Thank you.... I just read that there are some bums that live in the bushes sometimes so just wondered.

Yes, I am a little torn too. I am glad so we can go to a nice quite non crowded beach but then it is sad b/c these lesser known beaches will start getting crowds.... But it is listed on all the top beach sites as a beach to see.

Archived