Price Too Good to Be True?

I just found a price for a cruise to Hawaii on RCCL in September. It's through a singles agency and they're listing an inside PP for only $995 (x2, because they find you a roomate). Other places are listing the PP at about $1600. Anyone know why? Most of the times when I look up prices from the various agencies, they're all within a few dollars of each other, so this one seems too good to be true

-Mary :cool:

Is that price a "from" price? If so, it is the cheapest room on the ship and will be at the rear and at, or near, the water line. The props are under you and the thrub and vibrations are noticeable. The engine room is just forward of you and you may also get the noise - movement from them. You get what you pay for. Something bad happens and your deck will be the first one under water. Once some of the lower rooms had toilets back up, but that may be a moot item as they use suction now to empty them? Go rear if you need to, but get as high as possible and then make sure the Disco is not below or under your cabin. Extreme forward or aft on ships is where you get the greatest up and down movement in rough seas. I know , I was extreme forward on a troop ship in 1950 from S.F. to AK and almost died.

Look at lower midships and price them.

Call the agency, and ask how they got a cheaper rate from the cruiseline.

Groups get cheaper rates because they buy in bulk, and this might be one reason. Or the cruise line may want more singles traffic, and this is a way to get it. Once you talk to the agency, you can decide if you want to deal with them.

Sidney, don't you think you were overdoing it? I agree that the rate is probably for the lowest deck, but they build ships for cruiselines for comfort, whereas the ship you were on in 1950 was for maximum storage! And cruiselines do everything they can (and they have the navigation equipment to help them do it!) stay away from the rougher water - it's better for the bottom line.

Make sure that price includes all the port taxes and fees. They may have a lower price because they have a group booking. If it is an inside on the lowest deck who cares. You are an elevator ride away from everything happening on the ship. Go for it!!! Don't wait... the price could go up later on.

Archived