Luggage tag numbering system?

martinimadam

I just printed out my luggage tags. Wheee! the cruise is getting closer.:D

But, I noticed that there was a "6/A" on the right side next to the cabin number. Started to panic a little (yes, I'm that much of a worry-wart). I'm on Main Deck. Why are they sending my luggage to A Deck? Finally figured it out! They're sending it to the "A"ft portion of the ship, where my cabin is. Silly me.

At least, I hope that's what it means. :eek:

But, I noticed that there was a "6/A" on the right side next to the cabin number. Started to panic a little (yes, I'm that much of a worry-wart). I'm on Main Deck. Why are they sending my luggage to A Deck? Finally figured it out! They're sending it to the "A"ft portion of the ship, where my cabin is. Silly me.

That is exactly what it means. DBA (Dutch by Association) alerted us all earlier that the tags were changing so that the bags would be located closer to all the rooms and thereby be delivered more quickly.

No worries, just look for your stateroom number and as long as it's there and it's right (unless you have been upgraded), you have a great cruise to enjoy. Have fun:):)

This is a step toward the goal of having our luggage IN the cabin when we board. The tags indicate one of the positions aboard so they are delivered much closer to our cabins.

For instance, on a ship with three banks of elevators, there are six positions............plus the deck number............once it gets into full force.

ie: 7M and it's printed showing either port or starboard. When the Hotel Mgr. mentioned this in a q & a meeting, I remembered seeing a sample on CC.

A=aft

B=bow (maybe it's "F" for forward, just back from AK on the "O" and my brain's not in gear yet!)

M=midship

The quadrant is either a color or location, I can't remember, but it shows on one of the threads.

Neat idea to help the crew accomplish this huge job with more efficiency.;)

Hmm, nothing like that on mine... just my cabin number. Oh dear, hopefully it ends up in the right place!

Oooh, I just went back in and printed new labels.... sure enough 2/A on them next to the cabin number. This must be something new since I printed my docs a couple of weeks ago. To the OP - which cruise are you on?

This is a step toward the goal of having our luggage IN the cabin when we board. The tags indicate one of the positions aboard so they are delivered much closer to our cabins.

For instance, on a ship with three banks of elevators, there are six positions............plus the deck number............once it gets into full force.

ie: 7M and it's printed showing either port or starboard. When the Hotel Mgr. mentioned this in a q & a meeting, I remembered seeing a sample on CC.

A=aft

B=bow (maybe it's "F" for forward, just back from AK on the "O" and my brain's not in gear yet!)

M=midship

The quadrant is either a color or location, I can't remember, but it shows on one of the threads.

Neat idea to help the crew accomplish this huge job with more efficiency.;)

I just checked mine and it is indeed F for the front :-)

First time I've printed out my own luggage tags, so it was a new experience.

startwin - I'm on the Ryndam 9/12. I'm describing it to my friends as going from Vancouver to San Diego, via Juneau ;)!

How do you all handle attaching the tags to your luggage if you're staying over in a hotel precruise? I know I don't want to/shouldn't attach them for the flight. Guess the hotel could loan me a stapler???

Gosh, it's really fun having these kind of problems to solve, isn't it!

Guess the hotel could loan me a stapler???

Gosh, it's really fun having these kind of problems to solve, isn't it!

Yes, it is! There are others who would love to have the "problems" some of us are enjoying.;)

I punch holes in the ends of ours (after wrapping them around strips I've cut off file folders so they're stronger and putting packing tape on the fronts if we're to be in "rain") and take either pieces of yarn or heavy string and tie them on by running the string through the holes.......just cuz I hate running down to the desk and asking........once I'm in the room, I like to stay.:p

Hmm, nothing like that on mine... just my cabin number. Oh dear, hopefully it ends up in the right place!

It will! We didn't have a cabin assignment until after I'd printed them so I'd written our cabin number on and they came very quickly.:D

Archived