Epic heading back to Miami

bled01

I have a seafood allergy. Either on the menu or in the daily you are advised to let your waiter know of any food allergies. I do this at every meal and often the waiter goes back to the kitchen to check on the ingredients of a given dish. You can also ask at the buffet and the servers will check for you. I have found NCL to be very proactive and cooperative, I have had the Head Waiter come over to show me the next nights menu to be sure that there is something on it that I can eat. If you know your allergies and quietly ask there is really no problem avoiding things you are allergic to.

Agree with you 100%. It's posted on the menus to advise your waiter of any food allergies. I have always found NCL staff cooperative. The stir fry crew even went as far as getting out a new wok for my order.

Agree with you 100%. It's posted on the menus to advise your waiter of any food allergies. I have always found NCL staff cooperative. The stir fry crew even went as far as getting out a new wok for my order.

At Teppanyaki, they will cook your food on a sanitized grill in the galley, rather than the one in front of you....

kinds of makes me wonder also about the medical facilities. Although anything's possible it's pretty easy to save even a bad allergy victim with appropriate gear and response time.

Yessir,

AND, it is possible to not save some in even the best equipped of medical facilities.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday, on our local news, I heard a 21 yo male from the next town passed away on a ship due to a heart attack, secondary to a food allergy. I assumed it happened yesterday and saw nothing else on the local news in the last week about it. The news reported that Norwegian has not returned any phone calls from news agencies. I came onto CC to find out more info, and it appears that the news is also getting it's info from CC.

My thoughts and prayers with the family.

Linda

Thank you for sharing this information. I had been wondering if there was any further news on this young man. May God watch over his family as they go through this terrible tragedy.

Very sad for any family. What a tragedy no one should have to go through

Archived