Island Wings Ketchikan

wyomingirl

Well I had an excellent experience this Sunday the 15th with Island Wings that I just had to post. Myself, DH, Parents and Grandparents went on the floatplane tour of the Misty Fjords with Michelle. She was great and the hours flew by quickly. Shona was at the pier promptly and shuffled us to the dock. We waited about 5-10 minutes for Michelle to come in with her previous tour and then load up and be on our way.

Grandma/pa were very apprehensive about getting out of the plane during the landing at the lake. Michelle talked to them for about 5 minutes and next thing you know they are getting out and afterwards said they had a great time. She was extremely patient with them:) She even played Johnny Cash music for them on the way back.

So if you have the time and want to take a fantastic tour book with Michelle at Island Wings and I think you won't be disappointed.

So when you land on the lake where do you get out and onto land?

In the middle of the lake, and swim ashore :D

What does the plane do on the water?

Just sits there and waits. :rolleyes:

What did Grandpa have to do?

:confused:

Couldn't resist. :)

Michelle lands on the lake and coasts up to the shore, ties off and gets out here little step stools. You slowly go down the ladder stairs and onto the pontoon portion of the plane and then step ashore.

The shoreline and reflection of the surrounding vistas into the lake just beautiful. So basically it is just a little stop to stretch your legs, take pictures and have an extra take off and landing.

I second Michelle with Island Wings, she was so great! We went in June with her. Helped a lady with a cane on our flight, get in and out of the plane. Even gave photography lessons to some on our flight and took as many pictures of us as we wanted.

Michelle is fabulous....one of the best tours of any kind I have ever done. My husband and I got the best pictures that she took from our trip on this excursion. He got to sit up front with her as he is very tall and couldn't fit anywhere else. He loved learning all about her plane and took great pics of the cockpit as well. Glad you had a great time.

Thanks for your post. We are scheduled to fly with Island Wings and Michelle on 9/12. We were looking forward to it and I'm pleased to see this unsolicited and very positive review. Only serves to heighten our expectations. :)

We looove Michelle! My husband and I along w/ our 2 teenagers booked a tour w/ her last July. She's great and the scenery was amazing! For everyone else who's wondering about this tour, Michelle is the only floatplane pilot there that is certified to land ashore, so that the passengers can get out on land and explore some. The other pilots can only land on the water(lake) and the passengers can only stand on the floats..they don't go to the shoreline...

• 1 month later...

Archived