Can I book directly with AMA Waterways, then move booking to a travel agent?

mlk58

I have booked directly wtih Royal Caribbean and then moved my reservation to a travel agent in order to take advantage of a lower price or on-board credit. I've never done a river cruise but am looking at an AMA Waterways cruise. Does anybody know whether I can do the same thing with AMA -- book directly with them and then move the booking to a travel agent? Thanks in advance!

I have booked directly wtih Royal Caribbean and then moved my reservation to a travel agent in order to take advantage of a lower price or on-board credit. I've never done a river cruise but am looking at an AMA Waterways cruise. Does anybody know whether I can do the same thing with AMA -- book directly with them and then move the booking to a travel agent? Thanks in advance!

Probably (I don't see why not); but only if it's just under deposit. If it's booked and paid in full, then no; definitely not.

Absolutely you may do this, as long as you haven't placed money on the booking (in other words, you've reserved a stateroom, but haven't yet paid anything on it). And of course you can shop for "goodies" from TA's - which of course come out of their commissions.

:)

I have never heard of OBC with a river cruise.

We did the Viking Amsterdam to Budapest and received a OBC don’t remember the value for being a AARP member.:)

I booked an AMA cruise for June 2011. I checked the prices with AMA. Then I checked the prices with Vacations to Go. Saved about $800 (2 people) with Vacations to Go. Got to pick my cabin with the TA.

I did a Uniworld cruise in 08 and a TA handled it as it was part of a much larger tour. I was able to pick the cabin I wanted with that TA, though the price was the same.

I usually do my own bookings on Royal Caribbean and then move then over for OBC or pre-paid gratuities, but I don't think the higher-end river barge companies like AMA or Uniworld work that way.

This is not the same as big ship cruising. I have never heard of OBC with a rivercruise. I just wait for a great 1/2 price offer and than use my online TA to book the trip.

I hope you aren't waiting for a Viking half-price offer, because they really aren't half-price. :)

I have nothing against Viking and I was strongly considering doing our next cruise with them as they were the only ones on the Volga until AMA announced their new boat, but I have to say Viking's half-price and "free wine if you book by Tuesday stuff" just turned me off. Maybe I'm paying a little more with AMA, but I don't have to mess around with time limits and gimmicks.

Just my humble opinion.

I hope you aren't waiting for a Viking half-price offer, because they really aren't half-price
I have nothing against Viking and I was strongly considering doing our next cruise with them as they were the only ones on the Volga until AMA announced their new boat, but I have to say Viking's half-price and "free wine if you book by Tuesday stuff" just turned me off. Maybe I'm paying a little more with AMA, but I don't have to mess around with time limits and gimmicks.

Just my humble opinion.

I think anyone with common sense will understand that 2 for one fares are a gimmick. The airfares advertized at half off are also a gimmick. On our Viking China cruise this past April we had fellow passengers served wine & beer with dinner that had not booked within the free wine dates. In fact a few we knew were invited to theViking Explorer Society on their very first Viking cruise. Imagine that.

None of this was important to us. We were on a vacation we planed and had a great time. If someone received a freebee good for them.

Now for our next Viking cruise we are again paid in full for all. So we will share wine and beer with others as well as meet passengers at the Viking Explorer Society greeting that don’t belong there (kidding).

But we NOW HAVE the date, the ship and the cabin category (which has been sold out for the least two months) Waiting for us.

Archived