Which might be better weather?

ksc1984

I'm planning the partial transit of the canal on the 10 day HAL Sunfarer, which also visits Costa Rico. I have choosen a Nov 23 to Dec3 cruise for my birthday OR Feb2011-first week and half as my second choice. These cruises are about 5 weeks apart. The 2011 cruise is a little more expensive. Do you think there would be a significant difference in rainy weather? Hard to know weather patterns from day to day but could you give me an opinion? My final choice would be based on weather more than money or birthday celebration.

First let me preface this answer by saying Dry Season in Panama does not mean no rain, only less rain!! Even though late November early December is still officially in the Rainy Season, it normally is a very pleasant time for that part of the world. Since you say your final choice is based on weather, you may wish to take the February date, even though the differences probably will only be slight. Either date will be fine unless of course, it happens to pick the day you are there to rain;).

Archived