Beach toys

lauritagoddess

I think they sell something (one package) on the ship of beach toys, but it is hit or miss. If you are planning to get off the ship at Port Canaveral I would go to a store near the beach there and pick up something- Walgreens, CVS, surf store. Of course, if you're doing the Disney excursion you won't have time to do that. In that case, look in the gift shop when you enter the ship and if you don't like what you see you can probably buy something at Disney. I don't remember seeing any toys for sale at GSC.

I think they sell something (one package) on the ship of beach toys, but it is hit or miss. If you are planning to get off the ship at Port Canaveral I would go to a store near the beach there and pick up something- Walgreens, CVS, surf store. Of course, if you're doing the Disney excursion you won't have time to do that. In that case, look in the gift shop when you enter the ship and if you don't like what you see you can probably buy something at Disney. I don't remember seeing any toys for sale at GSC.

We're going to the Kennedy Space Center when we get off at Port Canaveral, so I'm assuming no luck there with beach toys. I guess I can always pack some just to be sure, but I'd rather have the space in suitcase for something else.

Ask the steward to check the kitchen to see if you can get an EMPTY ice cream container, or even a frozen fruit container, makes a great bucket. Ask at the bar for a plastic cup as a smaller pail (or see if there's an old beer bucket you can borrow). I wonder if asking for a serving spoon or a cooks spoon would be over the top for a spade. That would save having to run looking for stuff while in the space center.

You could always take a few cups from the buffet (they are plastic and would work for small towers) and take a spoon or two for little shovels. The ice bucket from the room might work too. It all depends on how picky your kids are. My daughter spends the entire time in the water at the beach so sand building isn't a problem.

Good ideas about the cups and buckets. Maybe I'll just pack some shovels, they shouldn't take up too much space, and then see what else I can scavenge on the ship.

If all else fails, buy a bucket of beer and use that bucket. You are sometimes charged a $5 deposit for it, (you are supposed to be but they don't always charge it) but who knows if it doesn't get too scratched up by the sand they may still take it back. Just bring along shovels and the kids will have a blast. Depending on the ship they are either buckets or helmets but either would work.

Didn't read the post above before answering but since they usually charge a deposit for the bucket which you can keep if you don't want to turn it in for the deposit, I don't see why it would be a problem taking it off the ship anywhere.

Archived