Nikon d5000

flimflubin

I'm thinking about purchasing a Nikon d5000. I'm just a beginner wanting to learn the artistic side of photography. I'm looking for a good lens so I can have a good zoom and wide angle view. Will this be a good start? From Dell Website

1. Nikon D5000 12.3 MP Digital SLR Camera with 4 GB Standard SDHC Memory Card and REZO 110 AW All-Weather Black Shoulder Bag for Digital SLR Camera for $789.99

2. 55-200 mm f/4.0-5.6G AF-S DX VR Telephoto Zoom Nikkor Lens for $229.99

I'm also purchasing a d5000 book to learn about the camera. I'm learning so be gentle.

I'm thinking about purchasing a Nikon d5000. I'm just a beginner wanting to learn the artistic side of photography. I'm looking for a good lens so I can have a good zoom and wide angle view. Will this be a good start? From Dell Website

1. Nikon D5000 12.3 MP Digital SLR Camera with 4 GB Standard SDHC Memory Card and REZO 110 AW All-Weather Black Shoulder Bag for Digital SLR Camera for $789.99

I'm also purchasing a d5000 book to learn about the camera. I'm learning so be gentle.

or should I get the Canon Rebel Ti

I have the D5000 a nice camera and my only one as my D700 has died and gone to heaven.

If you haven't bought yet consider waiting for the just annouced D3100 available in Sept. ( http://www.imaging-resource.com/NEWS/1282190515.html ) Its a TI2 killer, brand new Nikon manufactured sensor, specs for video look very good. Like all enty nikons you compromise a few things related to dials and buttons for quick settings but there is nothing one can't do with the entry Nikons just a little bit slower or with menu adjustments instead of the dials/buttons.

The 18-55VR and 55-200 VR are good values for starter. Once you get better you might want a 2.8 zoom or primes to add as you find those two limiting.

You reall can't go wrong with either the Nikon or Canon. The last thing you might try to swing you one way or the other is go to your local camera shop and see how they feel in your hand. Ask the person to show you how each changes whitebalance, ISO, and when in aperture priority / shutter priority how they change the respective other settings. Pick the one that feels the best and is easiest to manipulate.

I just purchased this package

Canon EOS Rebel T1i Digital SLR Camera Kit W/ EF-S 18-55mm IS Lens 3818B002

8GB (SDHC) High-Speed 150x Class 6 Memory Card

Zeikos Deluxe Cammcorder Carrying Case CA48B

Hi-Capacity Lithium Ion Battery For Canon SLR - LP-E5

Ac/Dc Rapid Travel Charger For Canon LP-E5

Zeikos USB Reader Secure Digital 2.0

Sakar 3pc Lens Cleaning Kit

Digital Camera & Camcorders Screen Protectors

58mm Hi-Resolution 3pcs Lens Filter Kit

All for 773.00 ---- I went with the Canon because everyone that I spoke with says the same thing , you can never go wrong with a Canon and they have alot more lenses to choose from .

Archived