Solstice Questions

metsjetsfan

1) What dining venues are open on day of boarding for lunch

2) What is the water bottle policy, can you fill up at the ocean view cafe or is that a no-no. Can we bring a flat of water bottles, can we put a luggage tag on this?

3) Does anyone know the excursion and specialty restaurant cancellation policy?

4) How many outlets are in the standard verandah cabins, are ext cords allowed?

thanks!

1) What dining venues are open on day of boarding for lunch. Oceanview Cafe for sure, don't know about Bistro on 5.

2) What is the water bottle policy, can you fill up at the ocean view cafe or is that a no-no. Can we bring a flat of water bottles, can we put a luggage tag on this? Don't know

3) Does anyone know the excursion and specialty restaurant cancellation policy? Don't know.

4) How many outlets are in the standard verandah cabins, are ext cords allowed? Below

thanks!

There is a double socket on top of the desk/bar unit. We had an extension cord running from there to the bed alongside the sliding verandah door, to plug in the C-PAP machine. The cord was neatly tucked in alongside the wall and nobody said anything to us the whole week.

Yes you can bring water onboard. Also you can fill water mugs/bottles anywhere there's a drink station.

Usually there is a 24-36 hour cancellation policy for excursions. The daily news will tell you the cut off for sign up and cancellation.

Not sure of policy for specialty rest. cancellations. If you preorder on line, you pay on your credit card. You'd have to request a credit. If you book onboard you will pay on your shipboard account.

THere is an outlet in the bathroom for shavers only.

Edited by eandj

• 3 years later...

I'm not sure how to start a thread so I'll apologize first for hijacking this thread...but can anyone tell me what wall sockets the Solstice has? I know it has dual voltage 110/240V...it's the 240v I'm interested in, I'm looking at taking my phone charger and I'm wondering whether the plug will fit the wall socket or do I need to purchase an adapter?:confused:

I'm not sure how to start a thread so I'll apologize first for hijacking this thread...but can anyone tell me what wall sockets the Solstice has? I know it has dual voltage 110/240V...it's the 240v I'm interested in, I'm looking at taking my phone charger and I'm wondering whether the plug will fit the wall socket or do I need to purchase an adapter?:confused:

110 US two prong socket and 240 two round hole Northern European socket

Hi Yeah-its-us, (great screen name)

We did the Dec 10 sailing from AKL to SYD on Solstice. I took the following picture of the outlets on the desk. You will need one of these adapters.

I was lucky enough that I had 1 of both types and could charge the phone or camera at the same time as using the computer.

I did do a review of our trip which is available at:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=246937

Enjoy your trip.

PC210843.jpg.df07e843416cc36485df84d79920a06f.jpg

Hi Yeah-its-us, (great screen name)

We did the Dec 10 sailing from AKL to SYD on Solstice. I took the following picture of the outlets on the desk. You will need one of these adapters.

I was lucky enough that I had 1 of both types and could charge the phone or camera at the same time as using the computer.

I did do a review of our trip which is available at:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=246937

Enjoy your trip.

G'day Mark;

Read your review, shame about the loud music; hopefully it's not quite so loud on our trip...this is our first cruise on the Solstice, all previous cruises were with P&O and regardless that P&O is considered by many as entry level, I for one am a big fan...so I'm hoping that Celebrity is as good...I'm told it will be...

Best regards;

Anthony

Water bottles in a case are not a problem. You have to put a luggage tag on them and I would also suggest putting some duct tape to secure the case a little better.

Dining venues open on embarkation day on Solstice are Oceanview Café, Mast Grill, Aqua spa café in Solarium and Bistro on five. Bistro is $5 pp but very much worth it.

1) What dining venues are open on day of boarding for lunch

2) What is the water bottle policy, can you fill up at the ocean view cafe or is that a no-no. Can we bring a flat of water bottles, can we put a luggage tag on this?

3) Does anyone know the excursion and specialty restaurant cancellation policy?

4) How many outlets are in the standard verandah cabins, are ext cords allowed?

thanks!

Re filling up your own water bottles- any water source on board (water fountains, buffet outlets, even sink in cabin) is good to drink. In public areas, staff might ask you not to put your own water bottle under the spigot directly, but to use a glass to fill up your bottle. Health precaution. In your cabin, it's up to you.

I was fortunate enough to be on the Dec 10th sailing of this ship and it was fantastic. I never noticed loud music or that the ship overall was loud. Reading some of the reviews for this cruise I must have been on a different cruise/ship. I guess some people look for reasons to complain.

On the Equinox the Celebrity Today on embarkation day listed venues serving lunch, with times :

• Oceanview Café 11.30am - 3.15pm
  • Mast Grill 11.30am - 6pm
  • Aquaspa Café 11.30am - 3pm
  • Bistro on Five 11.30am - 10pm $Cost

[However the Oceanview continues to have pizza & pasta still available after lunch service has finished.]

I was fortunate enough to be on the Dec 10th sailing of this ship and it was fantastic. I never noticed loud music or that the ship overall was loud. Reading some of the reviews for this cruise I must have been on a different cruise/ship. I guess some people look for reasons to complain.

Hi again Steve,

No, I was not complaining in my review, I was simply making an observation that in many parts of the ship the music was too loud to converse over a dining table eg. in Bistro on Five or over a coffee in the coffee shop.

It literally "killed" any opportunity for conversation over dinner/coffee or the ability to read quietly without interruption in the library.

The fact that we could still hear the loud band music from level 3 in our cabin on level 7 whilst our cabin door was closed is a major issue when trying to get to sleep.

We did notice that the fire door at the other end of the elevator lobby on level 7 was closed for that reason, to stop the noise going up the hallways. We assume it is the same on the other levels for cabins near the atrium.

I have also suggested that Celebrity conduct a review of the noise levels in different parts of the ship where they impact on the quality of guests enjoyment of their surroundings whilst on board Solstice.

Again, I will say my comments were constructive, based on our personal experience and observations whilst on board.

I am pleased that you did not observe or experience the same reaction that we and many other passengers did, in relation to the noise levels on board.