August 14th Oasis Review

Just got of the Oasis and for most part we were amazed at the ship.

Getting on the ship took all of ten minutes, RCCL has the process down to a science.

We had a balcony room in the aft part of the ship on the sixth deck, very quiet and no inside cabins on the other side.

The choices to eat made the cruise a very enjoyable one. Only ate in the Windjammer for dessert two times, other times too crowded. The Park Cafe and the Solarium Bistrum had the best food for adults. Loved the ham and cheese sandwiches. We ate in Giovannis for dinner, the best Italian food I have has since eating in Italy. Our MDR experience started out a disaster but only got better. They put on our table surrounded with Spanish speaking people who were very rude. At one point a gentlemen right behind us took a cell call and proceeded to sing a song to someone on the cell phone right in my ear. The next night we moved to a table in the middle of the room joining a family from Liverpool, England tha turned out to be one of the best tablemates in 10 cruises. They has a 12 year old son and a 24 year old daughter going to med school and a dad that loved sports cars like me. We promised then we would take a trip to the UK to visit them.

The Aquashow was canceled again due technical difficulties. The show Come Fly With Me is not to be missed, Amazing dancing and special effects. HairSpray was great and the leads Edna and Tracy gave some of us a backstage tour of the show. If you like live shows, take the tour and learn all the little secrets of the show.

Ports

We have been to the three ports many times, so Nassau was a short walkabout and visit to Senor Frogs. St Thomas was the long BVI trip, beautiful beaches and good snorkling. We rented three wheel motorcycle like cars on St Martin, fun but a little scary in traffic.

The Quest

I got conned onto participating the the Quest, no more to say about that.

And last but not least, Richard Spacey is the kind of CD that you either love or hate, we love him. He is the hardest working CD on RCCL. He is everywhere.

Overall the Oasis is most unbeleiveable ship out there

Getting on the ship took all of ten minutes, RCCL has the process down to a science.

We had a balcony room in the aft part of the ship on the sixth deck, very quiet and no inside cabins on the other side.

The choices to eat made the cruise a very enjoyable one. Only ate in the Windjammer for dessert two times, other times too crowded. The Park Cafe and the Solarium Bistrum had the best food for adults. Loved the ham and cheese sandwiches. We ate in Giovannis for dinner, the best Italian food I have has since eating in Italy. Our MDR experience started out a disaster but only got better. They put on our table surrounded with Spanish speaking people who were very rude. At one point a gentlemen right behind us took a cell call and proceeded to sing a song to someone on the cell phone right in my ear. The next night we moved to a table in the middle of the room joining a family from Liverpool, England tha turned out to be one of the best tablemates in 10 cruises. They has a 12 year old son and a 24 year old daughter going to med school and a dad that loved sports cars like me. We promised then we would take a trip to the UK to visit them.

The Aquashow was canceled again due technical difficulties. The show Come Fly With Me is not to be missed, Amazing dancing and special effects. HairSpray was great and the leads Edna and Tracy gave some of us a backstage tour of the show. If you like live shows, take the tour and learn all the little secrets of the show.

Ports

We have been to the three ports many times, so Nassau was a short walkabout and visit to Senor Frogs. St Thomas was the long BVI trip, beautiful beaches and good snorkling. We rented three wheel motorcycle like cars on St Martin, fun but a little scary in traffic.

The Quest

And last but not least, Richard Spacey is the kind of CD that you either love or hate, we love him. He is the hardest working CD on RCCL. He is everywhere.

Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts of your cruise experience.

Ports

The Quest

Just interested, as we go on the 25th Sep!! Did you get robes in ypour Deck 6 balcony room???? Always had them on Carnival and just wondering about OOS :)

Archived