Hotel Ft. Lauderdale

Cruisin'BusyBee

Hi to all: I am looking for a decent hotel near the Princess Pier (not sure what number that is or location in Ft. Lauderdale). Would like to have hotel transfers, close to pier/airport, any good price. I am not familar w/Ft. Lauderdale, thus, need some advise here. Thanks! :)

C/BB

Look for Hyatt Place north on valuetrips.com. It has all mini-suites and free airport/port shuttles and breakfast. Holiday Inn Express Convention Center has free airport shuttles. Extended Stay America has free shuttles to port/airport. I'm not sure if these hotels meet your criteria of decent, but the reviews are fine. No other decent hotels in the Princess terminal area offer free shuttles that I am aware of.

Hampton Inn and Suites on Stirling offers free airport from/to airport and port. Free breakfast and is business class. Bookit for less than $70 per night. Also offers shuttle to POM for a small fee.

We have stayed at the Hyatt Pier 66, the Renaissance, and the Embassy. All 3 are very close to the pier. The Hyatt is directly across from the pier, and you can see the ships come into port in the morning if you get a "tower" room. the only downside to this hotel, is that it is a little farther away as it is on the other side of the draw bridge, and there are not as many stores close by.

When did you stay there and how did you get the $70 per night rate ?

I'm looking online and the rate for end of Feb/11 is $157 for 4 people

Hampton Inn and Suites on Stirling offers free airport from/to airport and port. Free breakfast and is business class. Bookit for less than $70 per night. Also offers shuttle to POM for a small fee.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone still needs a hotel room before or after the cruise I ran across a great deal today on bookit.com that was pointed out on a CC thread.

The FLL Hampton Inn and Suites is going for $73 total as the featured mystery hotel on the site. They have a shuttle to the airport and cruise terminal, free continental bkf. I do not know about long term parking though.

Here is a link to the thread. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1270096

Just booked the Hampton inn and suites on sterling road through bookit.com for $73.00. Dec. 22, 2010 for 1 night before cruise. Thanks again Cruisecritic family.

Bookit.com

Fort Lauderdale - Mystery Airport Hotel

Star Rating

Stars_3.0.png

User Rating

5.0_rating.gif

Do what you feel like in laid-back Fort Lauderdale, Florida, 5 miles from the airport with family-friendly fun, wild ocean thrills, and exquisite arts and culture. Whether you come for the Fort Lauderdale beaches or the Hollywood beaches, you`ll be astonished at the miles of spectacular coastline within minutes of the hotel.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I are are cruising in early May and, there is a major event in Fort Lauderdale at the same time of April 30th through May 5th. We normally stay at the Embassy Suites at SE 17th or the Hilton Marina and have found both very satisfactory. However, to pay almost $300 for one night to just sleep is even a bit much for us.

After reading some other posts, we went to this site called bookit.com. Several people indicated that this website showed or shows a different "Mystery Hotel" from time to time, and, that hotel will have a rate that is half of what you will normally find anywhere else.

These fellow cruisers who went to the site, decided to book the "Mystery Hotel" and, it ended up being the Hampton Inn & Suites at 2500 Stirling Rd, in Hollywood, Florida. Don't be fooled by Hollywood because it is very close to the ships pier and everything else in Fort Lauderdale.

The room rate that they received was $63, plus $10 tax. The total was a nutty $73. Can you believe that. So, I tried to book the "Mystery Hotel" too, and was also successful. I got it for $73 total. What a steal. This hotel also includes a free breakfast and free shuttle service from the airport to hotel, hotel to airport, and hotel to the cruise port. The deal of the year. Not sure if this rate is still available, or, when they will change to another "Mystery Hotel", but you might want to check it out b ecause most Hampton Inns & Suites are decent places.

Dave

My wife and I are are cruising in early May and, there is a major event in Fort Lauderdale at the same time of April 30th through May 5th. We normally stay at the Embassy Suites at SE 17th or the Hilton Marina and have found both very satisfactory. However, to pay almost $300 for one night to just sleep is even a bit much for us.

After reading some other posts, we went to this site called bookit.com. Several people indicated that this website showed or shows a different "Mystery Hotel" from time to time, and, that hotel will have a rate that is half of what you will normally find anywhere else.

These fellow cruisers who went to the site, decided to book the "Mystery Hotel" and, it ended up being the Hampton Inn & Suites at 2500 Stirling Rd, in Hollywood, Florida. Don't be fooled by Hollywood because it is very close to the ships pier and everything else in Fort Lauderdale.

The room rate that they received was $63, plus $10 tax. The total was a nutty $73. Can you believe that. So, I tried to book the "Mystery Hotel" too, and was also successful. I got it for $73 total. What a steal. This hotel also includes a free breakfast and free shuttle service from the airport to hotel, hotel to airport, and hotel to the cruise port. The deal of the year. Not sure if this rate is still available, or, when they will change to another "Mystery Hotel", but you might want to check it out b ecause most Hampton Inns & Suites are decent places.

Dave

Is it close to restaurant and shopping? Not familiar with Fort Lauderdale at all?

There are several restaurants near the hotel, but would need to take the hotel shuttle to take you there. Not quite short enough to walk. On the hotel website there is a Red Lobster, TG Fridays and a few specialty places.

Now, I am not saying this Hampton Inn is for everyone. It depends on several factors. Normally, as I said earlier, we stay at the Embassy Suites, or Hilton Marina and can relax and chill out better than this Hampton. But with the room prices at $250 to $399 per night when we want to stay on May 1st, we decided that for $63, we would forgo the other hotels and just enjoy our dinner and go to bed. When I consider the free breakfast, and free shuttle from the airport to the hotel and hotel to the cruise port, the $63 is fine. Besides the restaurants, there is a shopping mall of plaza nearby from what I understand.

Not sure if this helps or not. I think it depends on what you want to do when you arrive in Fort Lauderdale, and what time you arrive. Since we are going on a 13-night cruise, I'd rather keep the extra $300 to spend on the ship, than pay almost $300 to $400 for a room just to primarily sleep.

By the way, for the people that suggested using bookit.com I hope this is a reliable company and that the confirmation they sent me is on the level. It still seems hard to believe that the room at the Hampton is $189, but we got it for $63. Has anyone already purchased a "Mystery Room" from book it, then actually stayed at the Mystery Hotel for the low price paid for?

Dave 4120 wrote:

"By the way, for the people that suggested using bookit.com I hope this is a reliable company and that the confirmation they sent me is on the level. It still seems hard to believe that the room at the Hampton is $189, but we got it for $63. Has anyone already purchased a "Mystery Room" from book it, then actually stayed at the Mystery Hotel for the low price paid for?"

Dave, If you want to be sure it is legit you can call the Hampton and ask them for confirmation of your reservation through Bookit.com. I did this and they have my reservation on file. I can't see any difference in using them, hotwire or priceline. At least with the current mystery hotel you know what you are getting without the possibility of it being a hotel you didn't want.

We just booked that reservation, clicked on $63, and when it added it up, it was $68+ tax. Hmmm oh well. Either way, it's a great deal. If I can take a cab to a total wine store and buy wine then toiletries somewhere closer, I'm cool! :)

I also booked on Bookit and it was $68.00 plus tax for Feb 2011. It goes up higher for March and then back down again. Dec. and Jan. were $63. There is a monthly price schedule you can click on and you will see how it changes.

Thanks for the idea of calling the hotel to confirm reservation. I just did that and found that the Hampton Inn did not have our reservation for our dates in Feb. I then called the Bookit Customer Care # and they contacted the Hampton and found that they booked us for the dates in Jan not Feb. The bookit rep got it changed but I then called the Hampton back to validate it and all is ok now.

Thanks for the advice.

Dave 4120 wrote:

"By the way, for the people that suggested using bookit.com I hope this is a reliable company and that the confirmation they sent me is on the level. It still seems hard to believe that the room at the Hampton is $189, but we got it for $63. Has anyone already purchased a "Mystery Room" from book it, then actually stayed at the Mystery Hotel for the low price paid for?"

Dave, If you want to be sure it is legit you can call the Hampton and ask them for confirmation of your reservation through Bookit.com. I did this and they have my reservation on file. I can't see any difference in using them, hotwire or priceline. At least with the current mystery hotel you know what you are getting without the possibility of it being a hotel you didn't want.

Thanks for the info. I was wondering also if others had used this site and then actually stayed at the reserved hotel. I guess I will book and check with the hotel. We are only staying in Fort lauderdale for one night getting in with a late flight. We are heading to Miami to meet up with Friends the next morning so really will not get to enjoy any hotel amenities anyway.

Thanks for the info on The Hampton, for the date I need 2 rooms it is 80.00 which is 46.00 cheaper then the web price, and with the free shuttle each way for Ft. Lauderdale that's still good for April. I usually use Priceline and have good luck, but the Hotel I get usually doesn't have free shuttle both ways or free breakfast, so I feel this is a good deal.

I have found that with the Hampton Inn & Suites the $63 rate is the standard hotel room and the $80 rate is the suite room. I agree with the free transportation included as well as breakfast it is a great place to stay for the price.

Thanks for the info on The Hampton, for the date I need 2 rooms it is 80.00 which is 46.00 cheaper then the web price, and with the free shuttle each way for Ft. Lauderdale that's still good for April. I usually use Priceline and have good luck, but the Hotel I get usually doesn't have free shuttle both ways or free breakfast, so I feel this is a good deal.

I have found that with the Hampton Inn & Suites the $63 rate is the standard hotel room and the $80 rate is the suite room. I agree with the free transportation included as well as breakfast it is a great place to stay for the price.

You are correct the voucher does say suite, I didn't pay attention the web rate for the suite is 169.00 for the night we needed.

Archived