bringing coke onboard NCL Spirit

kmsheart

OK, folks--when we all go to breakfast, what will it be?

Pancakes?

Flapjacks?

Fritters?

Hoecakes?

Griddlecakes?

:D

I drink pop and eat pancakes for breakfast.

Since we are way off topic already, what do you call the long sandwiches with deli meat on them?

subs?

hoagies?

Heroes?

grinders? (that's an Ohio one I still haven't gotten used to)

Or any of the other million names people call them?

I live in Southern Illinois and we call it Soda. Many years ago in jr high, while working a school concession stand, a visitor from Chicago (5 hours north of where we live) asked for a "pop" and my friend handed him popcorn. It took quite a while for us to figure out he wanted a soda!

Since we are way off topic already, what do you call the long sandwiches with deli meat on them?

subs?

hoagies?

Heroes?

A "grinder" is a toasted sandwich. But I hate that term. We have a restaurant chain in Central Ohio called "Grinders." (along with "Subway" "Yogi's Hoagies" "Jersey Mike's Subs" and one just called "The Sub Shop")

Of course, you know that Central Ohio is the #1 test market for many restaurant chains including McDonald's & Wendy's. (well, Wendy's was founded in Columbus in 1969 so that makes sense.)

I remember a quote that said if Columbus people will eat it, anyone will eat it. We have had "McPizza's" "McFried Chicken" "McSalads" just to name a few. Wendy's tested their Fish sandwich in Columbus along with the Vanilla Frosty before they went Nationwide with it.

Not too bad for a place that calls all soda "pop." (well except the clear pops... that is called 7-Up regardless of whether the can says Sprite or Slice.)

subs?

hoagies?

Heroes?

Do Louisiana Po' Boys fit in this category ??:D

I have just gotten an email back on the bar set up and I asked the question can I bring tonic and Coke products onboard the reply back was NO you can not bring any food or drink onboard ...

We are cruising on the NCL Spirit and the last cruise we did NCL Sky only served Pepsi products ... we are not a Pepsi family ... so I am needing a answer can we bring coke onboard or not... mixed reviews on the threads ... some older ones say they serve Coke products and I know that is not true...

any help would be appreciated

I brought (3) 20oz Pepsi bottles on the Sky. I placed them in my baggage that I gave to the porter. No problem. I doubt if they are going to search it and confiscate your pop. Hollybelle in her review of the Sky talked about purchasing pop and openly bringing it on the ship with no problem. :cool:

Do Louisiana Po' Boys fit in this category ??:D

:D

Actually, Po Boys are not in this category. They are in a class by themself. They have no equal. They aren't really made with cold-cuts.

Examples: roast beef poboy---toasted french bread, roast beef that has simmered for hours in it's own gravy, shredded lettuce and thin-sliced tomatoes,mayo. Bring napkins. It's the messiest sandwich ya ever ate.

Oyter PoBoy: toasted french bread, fried oysters (at Johnny's. a half is about ten inches with 12-15 oysters), shredded lettuce and thin sliced tomatoes, mayo.

Shrimp: same as above but no oysters. Add shrimp.

Crabmeat and shrimp: well, it won't be made of KrabStiks.

You can sense a pattern to the po boy way of life.

In NOLA, a sandwich made of cold-cuts is a bit different. It's usuall about 8-10" diameter. It has olive salad and an array of different meats and cheese. It is generally intended to feed more than one person.

I think maybe. We are sailing out of NOLA and I was wondering that myself as I was researching a location Luddite recommended for lunch.

Cross your fingers and hope the special is a half oyster po boy and small gumbo. If that's not the special? Order it anyway!

subs?

hoagies?

Heroes?

It's a grindah here in RI. (We really have no use for those "r's"). :p and a grinder here can be toasted or not. :)

Many here have Johnny cakes for breakfast. ;)

And we drink soda too BTW.

I tend to go when kids are in school. We usually cruise in April or May except for this year where we set sail in Sept. Land trips are in October.

I really have never seen or heard too many kids on any of my cruises, which is very nice. Not that it would matter much since none of them would belong to me so I can always just walk away. lol

I would love to go on a NO KIDS cruise but doubt they have such a cruise.

I got it, NO SMOKING AND NO KIDS CRUISE. :D

You could always just rent or buy your own yacht, so as not to descrininate against those with children or for that matter those who smoke in designated areas.:eek: Just saying...

I brought (3) 20oz Pepsi bottles on the Sky. I placed them in my baggage that I gave to the porter. No problem. I doubt if they are going to search it and confiscate your pop. Hollybelle in her review of the Sky talked about purchasing pop and openly bringing it on the ship with no problem. :cool:

We brought a small carry-on suitcase with bottles of water and pop on to the Sky with us. I didn't do checked luggage because I didn't want to have to go to the naughty room to prove I wasn't smuggling booze.

When we went through the X-Ray, they asked us to open the bag. They carefully checked several water bottles to make sure the caps still had their original seals, and then they sent us on our way. In all my time on these boards, I haven't heard of a single person having a problem taking on pop or water onto an NCL ship.

Archived