Restaurants and shops near Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa

dmk

I have read some wonderful reviews of this resort on this thread.

We are thinking of booking for 2 days before a cruise.

I would like to know what restaurants and shops are near this resort. Are they walkable or does one need a cab?

I like to have a choice about what to do with my day.

Thanks so much!!!:)

There is a restaurant within the hotel itself, but if you wish to venture out, directly across the street is Diplomat Landing. It is on the Intracoastal and there you will find Aiza, which is a trendy upscale bar/restaurant, both indoors and out. Next to it is an upscale sports bar called Rivals. These are the only two places within walking distance.

Approx 1 mile from the hotel and accessible by cab on Hallandale Beach Blvd, there is Padrino's (Cuban cuisine), Tatiana (Russian dinner/show), and a sushi place (the name escapes me).

Also accessible by cab (5-10 minutes) is the Hollywood Beach broadwalk, which is a 2-mile stretch of shops and restaurants. Sugar Reef is very good as well as Sushi Thai. Across the street from the beach just a shy north of Hollywood Blvd is Taverna Opa, Giorgio's, and Billy's Seafood. Just a block or two north of these places is Le Tub ... great place for a burger, a rum runner, and to watch the sunset.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your stay!

Oh I forgot to mention the shopping, other than the "beach" stores along Hollywood Beach. Aventura Mall is just south of the hotel and is about a 10-minute cab ride away, as well as Gulfstream Village, which is a brand new shopping/dining/entertainment complex, located adjacent to the race track.

The restaurants within the resort are fantastic..!

The Galleria Mall would probably be the closest shopping to the north, or Aventura Mall to the south...If you are looking for more upscale shops, try Bal Harbour which is another 10 minutes further south...

Brunello22:

Thank you very much. This information is exactly what I was looking for! I really appreciate it.:)

I haven't eaten there yet but the views from the Diplomat Landing are fantastic (we used to eat there when it was Nikki Beach).

I also recommend the food and views from Le Tub.

Archived