Puerto Paraiso mall shopping??

almostready

Househunter says it's a 15 minute walk from the tender pier, but I think it's closer to 25-30 depending on how fast you walk, what do you think?

Surfgal24 there are many massage places along the Marina and one block off, not sure where LoLo's is.

You are right closer to 25-30 to the mall. And then beyond that another good 10 - 15 minutes uphill to Medano beach. But sure it depends on if you are power walking or not. Gotta stop and grab a cold one for the walk.

Oh, I'm jealous! Plaza Bonita is a great complex- I would love to have a place there! I think I read somewhere that the marina walkway was 1.2 miles from end to end. Maybe I will bring my pedometer with me and verify- heading there in just a few hours!

It sure is and I really lucked out and got the best unit in the complex. I have a Marina side balcony and another balcony that faces the parking lot so when there is too much sun on one, we move to the other. My bedroom is on the Marina side and is fine, but sleeping in the other bedroom can be a challenge. OBTW, there is one for sale, the one above the No Where Bar!

We'll be back in June for 3 weeks, if you're there, maybe we can arrange a meet up. And please, let me know the results of your pedometer.

If you were to go to Google Earth, you will be able to see the mall and its proximity to the port.

Where is the best place to buy red wine.....not the most expensive, but good....understand that the La Europa liquor is located in the mall, and another posted said that a Hacienda also carried liquor.

I have heard that there is a Bodega or Soriana grocery store close by the mall...could someone confirm this and where it is.

Thanks

If you were to go to Google Earth, you will be able to see the mall and its proximity to the port.

Where is the best place to buy red wine.....not the most expensive, but good....understand that the La Europa liquor is located in the mall, and another posted said that a Hacienda also carried liquor.

I have heard that there is a Bodega or Soriana grocery store close by the mall...could someone confirm this and where it is.

Thanks

Neither Bodega or Soriana is close to the mall. I'm not sure if there is a Bodega, but Soriana is on the road to Todos Santos which would require a taxi, you can walk to La Europa. They have offerings from many different countries, so I am sure you will find what you are looking for.

Solomans Landing is about halfway there from the tender port. This picture shows the marina. You can see the Cabo dolphins facility (lower left), the tender port is where the white teepee/canopies are (right side of pic 3/4 up), & the mall is kind of off the map in the upper left area.

2567928930040669306S500x500Q85.jpg

cabo helper....thanks for the information and will be going to La Europea.....as we have to pay $15 corkage for each bottle when getting on board, perhaps a two buck chuck (if available) would be within our budget. Hate to spend $20 on a bottle of wine plus the $15 for corkage as we are on the NCL Jewel.

Great forum to be on and nice to have questions answered as well. Thanks to all

This is NCL policy from their FAQ

Wine & Champagne Policy

Guests may bring bottles of wine and champagne on board. When bottles are brought on board and served or consumed in any restaurant, public room area or in their stateroom, a corkage fee will be charged according to bottle sizes noted below.

750 ml Bottle: $15.00

1,000 ml Bottle: $ 20.00

1,500 ml Magnum: $30.00

Wine or champagne sent directly to the ship by travel agents, friends, family, etc. or from another retail source, are subject to the same fees. Box wines are not allowed on board.

This is NCL policy from their FAQ

Wine & Champagne Policy

Guests may bring bottles of wine and champagne on board. When bottles are brought on board and served or consumed in any restaurant, public room area or in their stateroom, a corkage fee will be charged according to bottle sizes noted below.

750 ml Bottle: $15.00

1,000 ml Bottle: $ 20.00

1,500 ml Magnum: $30.00

Wine or champagne sent directly to the ship by travel agents, friends, family, etc. or from another retail source, are subject to the same fees. Box wines are not allowed on board.

I know that is what their policy says but I have not been charged yet. Same for Carnival. Carnival charges $10 corkage fee but I have taken 2 bottled each cruise to dinner and not been charged once.:confused: I think it is up to the waiter to charge you or not.

De nada Jim. Just fyi, the corkage fee at La Europea is 20 pesos if you want to stay there and drink a glass or two out of your bottle before taking it. They have some nice snacks...sandwiches, cheese, etc. There is outside table and chairs and a nice place to sit and people watch along the marina. I will try and check to see what their hours are on Sundays since you are coming in so early on the Jewel.

cabo helper, thanks for the info on La Europea, and we will probably just buy wine and bring it back to our cabin when in Cabo. Plan on buying some inexpensive wine before boarding in Los Angeles and paying the corkage when boarding. Much less expensive than buying on board.

Az Karoke Girl: Your message: I know that is what their policy says but I have not been charged yet. Same for Carnival. Carnival charges $10 corkage fee but I have taken 2 bottled each cruise to dinner and not been charged once. I think it is up to the waiter to charge you or not.

On NCL you are charged corkage when they scan your carry on bags, where I plan on putting the wine bottles and they send you to a separate table to pay the corkage. My question is how you were able to bypass the inspection station (when on NCL) and bring wine on board without paying. Would be nice if I could do this as well. If bottles or wine, or liquor, is put into your regular check in luggage and the xray picks it up, you could be called to the ``naughty`` room and they will keep it until the last day of your cruise. This policy is for NCL.

Jimloisesophie - La Europea is open from 10 to 6 on Sundays. NCL Pearl will be here tomorrow and I know the chief of security on board and have sent him an email to ask about their updated policy of bringing vino onboard. I will be seeing them all manana but will post when I hear back about if fee just in dining room or also in your room.

Thanks cabo helper...you sure are a "Helper".....In LA, I have been told that Traders Joe & Sprouts have some really good wines in the $2 to $5 range....do you know if La Europea has any inexpensive wine as well....Thanks, again, Jim

You are very welcome. Yes they do have a nice selection of inexpensive wines that are pretty darn good. I am more into reds than whites but I can tell you for sure that you will have alot of choices under 90 pesos (about $7.50 US) that are very flavorful. They have wines from Chile, Argentina and Mexico that you should look at - my fav now is a Malbec/Shiraz blend that is fabulous and costs 85 pesos! They also have a zillion others to choice from that are from Italy, US, Australia, France, etc ranging from very inexpensive to mega expensive. They also have accessories in case you forget something...glasses, openers, etc. La Europea is located on the back side (the marina side) of the mall so it is fastest to just walk along the sidewalk that borders the marina rather than go out to the Marina Blvd which is the "main" street that parallels the marina - exit the tender pier to the right and keep going right on the sidewalk behind the Wyndam Hotel and it hooks left at the old Hooters, to the right of the big gray structure that looks under construction, past the big lobster at Lorenzillo´s rest and to the right past a line of bars/rests and the mall will be straight ahead in front of you (big multi terra cotta colored 3 story). Cross the boat ramp and continue along the sidewalk...La Europea is just past Señor Sweets (yummy gelatos and free WiFi) and past Harley dealer. They have an enterance off the marina sidewalk and also from inside the mall. Salud!

cabo helper,,,,,Thanks, you made my day, Not.....I thought this was the case, but looking forward to hearing from az karaoke girl who has been carrying on wine without paying corkage. What is her secret...

On Carnival, if you open the bottle in your room, you aren't charged a corkage fee. Sometimes the waiters decide not to charge the corkage fee.

Archived