AMEX gift card and sign and sail

ksat

Is it possible to put money on your sign and sail with an AMEX gift card? It looks as though I am getting one for a contest I am winning at work and thought it would be nice to use on the cruise.

I forget exactly why, but I have heard you cant really use up a gift card onboard. (Hopefully, someone else will know the details of why there is a issue using a gift card onboard.)

I would try and use it to book thru them instead and use it toward the actual cost of the cruise?

From Carnival's website:

For your convenience, charges for most of your onboard purchases will be posted to your Sail & Sign® account. A required application form will be included with your documents. Registration for this program will occur at the time of embarkation. Carnival accepts American Express, Visa, MasterCard, Discover® Network Card, Diner's Club, Optima Card and cash for deposit on your account. A deposit (ranging from $100 to $350 depending on cruise duration) will be required for cash accounts. Third-party credit cards, Travel Funds Cards, Credit Card Gift Cards and Mini Credit Cards are not accepted on board

If you are using a credit card or debit/check cashing card please be advised that there will be a hold placed on your account as a deposit for your onboard purchases. During your cruise additional holds will be added if your Sail & Sign® account exceeds the amount of deposit Carnival has on file. If you presented a credit card, this will reduce the amount available on your credit card for other purchases. If you presented a debit/check cashing card, the hold will restrict the available cash in your checking account. All charges will be billed to the credit card or debit/check cashing card at the end of the cruise. Please note that Carnival Cruise Lines will not be held responsible for any bank-imposed overage or insufficient funds charged on debit or credit cards.

Do you have the card in your possession now?

call gift services and place an onboard credit on your account- Use the card to pay it now.

(You have until 7 days before you cruise to do this.) any remaining money you will get a check on the last day.

the reason a gift card is not accepted-- it must be tied to a bank account

Archived