E-Mailed "Your Cruise Countdown"

DryCreek

I searched for this, but honestly couldn't find this topic.

I have been getting e-mails regularly from Carnival since I booked (and paid in full) a little over three weeks ago. They are titled "Your Cruise Countdown Begins Today!".

OK, kinda cool I thought. But one thing I notice - the countdown number is stuck at 108 days! It's like staring at a broken clock. Have I done something wrong and this is a form of punishment?

Another thing I thought was amusing was when I replied to the e-mail I got telling me my request for ES Plan OBC was approved (yahoo! quick too!). I replied asking about upgrading from my Category 4B Inside room to a Porthole room. The reply was that this was actually downgrade. Downgrade? Maybe I don't understand. I thought that the rooms were the same size (185 SF). The two natural light sources would be a bonus to me. Maybe I just don't understand. Anyone care to fill ol' clueless me in on this?

I searched for this, but honestly couldn't find this topic.

I have been getting e-mails regularly from Carnival since I booked (and paid in full) a little over three weeks ago. They are titled "Your Cruise Countdown Begins Today!".

OK, kinda cool I thought. But one thing I notice - the countdown number is stuck at 108 days! It's like staring at a broken clock. Have I done something wrong and this is a form of punishment?

Another thing I thought was amusing was when I replied to the e-mail I got telling me my request for ES Plan OBC was approved (yahoo! quick too!). I replied asking about upgrading from my Category 4B Inside room to a Porthole room. The reply was that this was actually downgrade. Downgrade? Maybe I don't understand. I thought that the rooms were the same size (185 SF). The two natural light sources would be a bonus to me. Maybe I just don't understand. Anyone care to fill ol' clueless me in on this?

That's Carnival's IT system for you, it's buggy as can be. Sometimes it works great, and then there are times when nothing seems to work...

And still says "108 days". It is almost like being in the movie "Groundhog Day".

Any input on the second question I had in the original post? The one about a porthole cabin being a downgrade from an inside cabin?

I think it would depend on your class of inside- they differ depending on the deck. You might want to check that and see if you can find another porthole room.

I am Class 4B, and booked into stateroom M34 on the Main Deck. I was told that no more Porthole rooms were available on the Ecstasy sailing on 5 day Western Caribbean on Nov. 27 2010.

I thought that all of the Fantasy Class interior rooms were 185 S.F., as well as the porthole rooms, so why would they be a downgrade? I like portholes. All of the other cruises I were on didn't have the option of windows. Heck, didn't even have a bed I could call my own on several trips (hot-racking stinks).

Archived