If husband doesn't go can I still go

flasaltwater

We live in Florida and will be sailing out of port of Miami on the 10th with out 13 yr old son. There is the possiblity of another storm, right now its just a tropical low but lets just say it was strong and hit Miami on our sailing date. I assume the ship would still sail if its not to bad but my husband said he's not going if there is a storm. Me I don't care me and my 13 yr old will cruise anyway. Can I cruise without him even though he was part of our cruise package we purchased??

If the ship is canceled completely do they give you any kind of compentionsation?

TIA

We live in Florida and will be sailing out of port of Miami on the 10th with out 13 yr old son. There is the possiblity of another storm, right now its just a tropical low but lets just say it was strong and hit Miami on our sailing date. I assume the ship would still sail if its not to bad but my husband said he's not going if there is a storm. Me I don't care me and my 13 yr old will cruise anyway. Can I cruise without him even though he was part of our cruise package we purchased??

If the ship is canceled completely do they give you any kind of compentionsation?

TIA

Yes, you can cruise without your husband but don't expect any type of credit (maybe you could change you DH name and bring a friend - about 50$ for the name change).

If the ship is cancelled completely, you will be fully reimburse for the total amount you gave to NCL but I don't think you would get any other type of compensation because this would be totally out of their control (if their ship broke, it would be another story and they would give you some incentives to cruise again with them).

I hope this helps.

im pretty sure you would just show up without him and off you go.the ships not gonna wait and there not gonna kick you off so off you go.on a side note im a husband and father ,if the storms bad i would fell better knowing i wouldnt have to worry about family while trying to save my house.and on ship you would be safe.

----------

Those are the comments I wanted to write, but decided not to. You can fill in the blanks.

Yes, it happens often. Sometimes a job situation. Sometimes a family emergency. Sometimes they miss a flight and miss the ship. Not a problem at all.

Of course, there are always people afraid to cruise, afraid to fly, afraid to do whatever. So be it.

If the storm hits Miami on the date of the cruise, the ship will remain out at sea on its previous cruise rather than risk docking during a hurricane! And if that happens, your cruise will be shortened and you will be compensated to some extent. Several years ago, our Princess cruise (and every other cruise ship from every other line that was also in the Caribbean at that time) stayed out at sea two extra days because of a hurricane affecting Fort Lauderdale and surrounding area; it was somewhat inconvenient for us, but oh well! We were on a cruise! The folks supposed to depart on the cruise following ours had their cruise shortened by 2 days, and they were offered either a greatly discounted price to go anyway or the ability to totally cancel with no penalty. We were also offered great prices to stay onboard for the next, shortened cruise, but we were unable to do so.

TIA

Looks like everyone covered your general question....but, to take your son out of the country on NCL I believe you will need a notorized letter from the father for NCL at check in. You might want to check with NCL to see exactly what is needed for documentation.

Archived