No-Shows

Canuckdoc

Would anybody have any idea how common of an occurance this is?

We're off to Alaska in less than a week, we've tried to upgrade our cabin, and we've tried to get Select Dining...

But we're told that Select Dining is Full (we're on a waiting list), and the Entire Cruise (even the penthouse, wasn't willing to upgrade THAT much, but asked out of curiosity) is sold out!

They said that they would contact us on board if there was any "no-Shows"...

Do we stand a chance??

on getting into Select Dining I'd say yes, go see the maitre'd once you get on board, and as far as getting or buying an upgrade I'd say no. they like to get that done in advance, and it sounds like there's not that much open at this point! butchaneverknow!

Jeff

When you get onboard you will be able to get a dining arrangement changed. As far as the upgrade, if they had the room to give you, and you were willing to pay for it, they would give it to you. :) Check after you set sail about room openings and you may get lucky!

Yes, but ...

If you REALLY want to do this (move to an empty stateroom, paying more), don't unpack before sailaway!

Yeah...the stateroom upgrade may not be worth the effort, but If we upgrade, it would be from a concierge class to a suite of some level, so the Butler may be able to handle the packing/unpacking...

We'll have to see...Both the Celebrity "hotline" and our TA told us to check for "no Shows" so We're hoping that it isn't THAT uncommon...I mean afterall, it's a ship of ~2000 people, someone has to have a bad gastro-enteritis or something this week...I just hope it isn't us!

the select dining is our big priority...they've long since accepted our pre-paid gratuities, so we were a bit miffed that they couldn't comply with our request...

No matter what, we will have a great time.

I did a quick look online and found a Sept 3rd Alaska Cruise and they showed ONE suite available. Sky Suite 6120. I don't know if this is your cruise, but, if it is, maybe the information might be useful???

Good Luck on the upgrade!

The only folks with the accurate info on no-shows are the cruise lines, and I'll guarantee you that they aren't talking. That said, I'll bet that between 4 and 8 per cent of the cabins are no-shows.

Also consider that 73 per cent of quoted statistics are made up on the spot!

Archived