Any-one having problems booking drinks package with Barcelona sailing?

Tudorcruisers

Where is the consistency and if it is an issue why did their website allow me to pre book?

I believe the confusion is because the Spanish VAT changes have been relatively recent and made at a time Celebrity did not have any current itineraries affected by the new rules. When there are budget changes in this country, it often takes experts in the media some time to interpret the effects of the changes and it must be harder for companies like Celebrity with accountants based in Miami and no experience of how the new rules are actually going to be applied.

Sue

My daughter is presently working on Constellation and she confirmed to me on Saturday that upon their arrival at Barcelona all drink prices were increased by 8%.

I'm unsure if it means the increase will stay in place for the whole 8 weeks the ship is operating out of Barcelona each week but I think it will. On board shop prices also increased.

Peter

Eclipse Southampton 14 night cruise in July we were able to pre-purchase the drinks packages.

In Spanish ports and until the ship was 12 miles out into international waters 8% was added to drinks as well as the 15% gratuity, this VAT tax affected those not on packages signing for drinks those on the packages were unaffected.

The daily paper indicated each time these VAT charges were taking place.

Hi

We are sailing from Barcelona on 18th Sept and wanted to purchase an alcohol drinks package. I am unable to do this and am being told on computer site I have to wait until the day I board. Is any-one else having this problem??

I am sailing the Mercury on Oct. 1st. Ialso can not get to the Beverages order site! Says it is not available at this time, I can start booking on May 10th. even though it is NOW Sept. 13th. They really have their site messed up.

Have just purchased a bar setup for the 6 nov on connie departing Barcelona. Payed by credit card online on celeb website, received confirmation email from celeb. thanking me for my purchase. Went into my account and saw that celeb has promptly added my purchase to my outstanding bill for the cruise.????????

Called celeb agent and she could not give me an explanation why it has been added to my bill, when purchasing a bar setup you are not given an option to add it to your bill but have to give ccard details otherwise you cant purchase ????? still waiting on a reply from agent. Does celeb ever get anything right ? Last on Equinox in Nov09 booked ship tours for 5 pax to the tune of eur. 900.00 because we changed one of the cabins before sailing our bookings dissapeared, after a lot of fuss to get them rebooked

they billed me twice with assurance that it would be rectified whilst on board, mmmm 4months later finally got my money refunded,to boot they passed on bank charges to my account.

Archived