Onboard Nursuries?

audekat

Has anyone used the onboard nursuries for their children? I am looking a cruise next thanksgiving and my son will be 18months old. I will wanting to spend some time in the spa and doing some other actvities on board.

I am interested to hear some opinion, or expirences witht he onboard nursury.

Thanks!

The only ships that these are available on is the Oasis and Allure.

You might want to also post this on the Family section. They are very helpful.

I have asked about this in the Family section...I was looking for Royal Caribbean specific information.

I have asked about this in the Family section...I was looking for Royal Caribbean specific information.

Well, then, you got your answer. After drydock, they will be outfitting Freedom with a nursery (I believe it will be ready later in 2011) and the other Freedom class ships as they come up for drydock.

So no one has actually put their child in teh nursury and has nothing what so ever to say about it other than that one exists on the Oasis.

Well at least if I go with Royal I know my little guy will get losts of attention in an empty nursury... :p

So no one has actually put their child in teh nursury and has nothing what so ever to say about it other than that one exists on the Oasis.

Well at least if I go with Royal I know my little guy will get losts of attention in an empty nursury... :p

There isn't one on any other ship except for the Oasis. That's what people are trying to say. If you go on another ship, unless you go next year when the Freedom class has been drydocked, you will NOT have a nursery available to you.

Since oasis is the only ship that has a nursery, you will need to wait to hear from cruisers that were on the Oasis that used the nursery, so they can tell you their experience.

Not many cc members can answer your question, because we don't have babies. Those with babies may not have sailed on Oasis. Hopefully, someone will come along with some info for you. You might have to wait a day or two and push your question back to page one.

Are you planning a cruise on the Oasis?

We were on Oasis in April and our then 18 month old went to the nursery on 3 occasions for about 2 hours each. He seemed to like it...he never had a problem when we dropped him off and when we picked him up he always seemed content playing.

The caregivers were great. They will give you a phone in case they need to get in touch with you. They also have a play area in the center of the kid's area with a bunch of toys that you can bring her to go and play with at different times throughout the day and stay with her. This came in handy when he just wanted to run around for a while.

I believe the amount of hours that the nursery is available depends on the amount of children onboard and the amount of hours that are booked.

It was nice to get him out of the sun for a while and to be able to swim with the older kids. I probably would have used the nursery a little more if I had known how well he would adapt to it.

We plan on using the Nursery Next week as well on Oasis and probably Freedom next year after her dry dock. Liberty is the other ship that will get the upgrade next year.

If you do a search for Royal Babies, you'll get a really good thread with other people who were on board when Oasis first came out. Since Oasis lost it's dedicated board you'll need to search here to find it.

Good Luck with your decision.

Scott

Archived