Here ya' go...

Riviera Deck 1 - midship / across from 1357 and 1359

Main Deck 2 - midship / across from 2365 and 2367

Upper Deck 6 - midship / across from 6385 and 6387

Empress Deck 7 - midship / across from 7337 and 7339

Verandah Deck 8 - midship / across from 8349 and 8351

Lido Deck 9 - midship / across from 9268 and 9270

:)

Is this going to be the same on the Conquest by chance?

Does anyone know where the laundry is on the Dream & how much it is? How does this process work, someone mentioned stand in line, do you wait for it or just come back once you know your cycle is over?

Here's the locations for the Dream:

Main Deck 2 - midship / across from 2375

Empress Deck 7 - midship / across from 7347

Lido Deck 10 - forward / across from 10264

I've heard recently that it's $3 each for wash and dry. Detergent and such is available, I believe it's a buck.

I've not seen any lines at the public laundries but I seldom pay attention to such things. If it's on an Elegant Evening you might want to take care of your laundry early in the day.

We did laundry on the Conquest last year and that's exactly what we did -- just like when we lived in an apartment. Put a load in at night, go watch some TV, come back, put it in the dryer, repeat.

And I have to say, in all the ways that Carnival nickel and dimes their passengers, this isn't one of them. I think the laundry was cheaper for a load (wash, dry and detergent) than at your average local laundromat.

In fact, we had problems with the dispenser and I mentioned it to one of the stewards. I wasn't asking for anything, just pointing out that it didn't work. After returning from my room, I found a new box of detergent sitting there waiting for me. It was almost startling.

What is the process on the laundry? Put wash in, come back when finished & put in dryer? Certainly I'm not sitting in the laundry room for over an hour watching my laundry.

Yep... that's how it works.

It's appreciated, of course, that you return promptly to move your laundry to the dryer or take it out of the dryer as others may want to use the facility...

• 3 months later...

I used the washer and dryer on the Legend, and they are not industrial machines like those found in Laundry mats. They are smaller then mine at home. I didn't have any problems washing but the dryer had to run twice to get our clothes dry and I didn't stuff it and made sure the vents were clean. Also the only detergent choices were Purex, and some other very cheapo brand. It got our clothes clean, but if you are picky bring your own.

I felt comfortable leaving our clothes and coming back to check on them. But it was later at night, and not on a formal night.

Pressing clothes? Doing laundry? Standing in line to do either? You have got to be kidding me. This is a cruise and a vacation of a lifetime. Have a drink of the day and do not worry about it. Your tablemates at dinner do not care, and will not remember, if your shirt is pressed. Have a really good time and that is all that is important.

Mexicibob

Pressing clothes? Doing laundry? Standing in line to do either? You have got to be kidding me. This is a cruise and a vacation of a lifetime. Have a drink of the day and do not worry about it. Your tablemates at dinner do not care, and will not remember, if your shirt is pressed. Have a really good time and that is all that is important.

Mexicibob

I had one pair of warm pants with me.....the ones I wore on to the ship, and one pair of socks. On the way back to Tampa, it was freezing. The Funshop didn't have pants or socks, so I washed mine.

I used the washer and dryer on the Legend, and they are not industrial machines like those found in Laundry mats. They are smaller then mine at home. I didn't have any problems washing but the dryer had to run twice to get our clothes dry and I didn't stuff it and made sure the vents were clean. Also the only detergent choices were Purex, and some other very cheapo brand. It got our clothes clean, but if you are picky bring your own.

I felt comfortable leaving our clothes and coming back to check on them. But it was later at night, and not on a formal night.

I always pack three of the all-in-1 detergent-fabric softener sheets (can't remember the brand). These slip into the pouch of my carry-on and I never have to worry about whether the vending machines are out of product.

When you're retired it's not so much a vacation, but just another trip that costs you a few dollars. :D I always do a couple loads on the next to last day as I hate to pack dirty clothes. No, I'm not one of those prissy nice-nasty types, it's just a habit I've gotten into since I started doing seven day cruises. DW doesn't object as she gets to sit out on the balcony and read. I don't spend an hour sitting in the laundry room, but I do try to be considerate of others and move and remove my clothes as soon as possible. BTW, I don't mind a few wrinkles, but I do try to look nice on elegant nights. That's part of my enjoyment. BUT I never judge others, we all march to our own beat.

We used them for the 1st time on the Legend last summer because we had a toddler (which of course makes for more messes) and because we wanted to keep our number of bags down (and kept from having so much laundry when we got home).

I know it's vacation, but it helped us out. Particularly since as mentioned, you can easily let it run while you're doing something else and then go back and get it...not much stress there.

$3 wash and dry (total) sounds about right, though if you have a big load at all, it might take 2 runs on the dryer.

We never experienced a wait.

Just off the Freedom, over Thanksgiving.

All the machines were $3 each, so $6 for a wash & dry. We paid $12 (in quarters) to do 2 loads. I personally think that's kind of high, but it sure was nice to have freshly washed clothes mid-week! We packed some of the Purex 3-in-1 laundry sheets, which worked great.

• 3 weeks later...

The last sea day I do laundry while wife lays out in the sun on deck. It gives me an excuse not to stay out there but a few minuates at a time. I still go out with her between puttin in movin to dryer and then going back to fold and take back to the room. There is a few drinks consumed while the process is taking place. Its do it then or do it when you get home either way it has to be done. Now if there is something else going on and I don't have time or don't feel like it I wont do it.

Archived