Kauai--thrifty--cruise or airport location?

annecolorgreen

I haven't used Thrifty but the port and the airport in Kauai are very close (5 minutes apart). I don't think you'll have any problem. Especially If Thrifty's port location is sold out, I don't think you would have to go with an airport location with either Thrifty or another rental car company. I think the reason that so few rental car companies have operations at the pier is that their airport locations are so close.

I'm nervous. I've booked a car and just went back to look at the reservation and it says Lihue airport but there is an option for cruise ship pick up. Did I screw up? It is showing "sold out" at the cruise ship pick up option.

Someone who has a clue, please help me :o.

You're fine. HawaiiCruiseCars.com says to pick the airport location for better rates. It's the same physical office. They send a shuttle to the pier to pick up anyone with a Thrifty reservation.

You're fine. HawaiiCruiseCars.com says to pick the airport location for better rates. It's the same physical office. They send a shuttle to the pier to pick up anyone with a Thrifty reservation.

According to the Thrifty website, there are two separate addresses. So you are saying they will have your reservation and car for you at the off airport office, even though you rented from the airport??? I would still call Thrifty direct.

I just got off the phone with the Thrifty airport location (3273 HOOLIMALIMA PLACE, LIHUE, HI 96766). She confirmed they do pick up from the cruise pier and it does not matter if you choose the airport location or cruise pier pick up. They will still pick you up at the pier and take you to the airport location on 3273 HOOLIMALIMA PLACE.

Archived