Will it count?

BeccaBecca1713

Today, for the first time since I booked my cruise many many months ago, I finally saw that Carnival had a price drop on my cruise (I booked ES). I am booked in a regular balcony (no afts or ext balcony). The new lower price was their "pack and go" rate and when I checked further, it's a balcony guarantee. I went ahead and submitted the form, but I'm at work and can't access my home email so I am excitedly hoping that I qualified. It would be a total of $60 OBC for me and DH. Anybody already know if it would count as the same category?

Thanks!!!

Today, for the first time since I booked my cruise many many months ago, I finally saw that Carnival had a price drop on my cruise (I booked ES). I am booked in a regular balcony (no afts or ext balcony). The new lower price was their "pack and go" rate and when I checked further, it's a balcony guarantee. I went ahead and submitted the form, but I'm at work and can't access my home email so I am excitedly hoping that I qualified. It would be a total of $60 OBC for me and DH. Anybody already know if it would count as the same category?

Thanks!!!

Generally you cannot Directly price match your Early Saver (assigned cabin) with a "Guarantee" (cabin eventually assigned by Carnival) booking. To price match against a Guarantee, the Guaranteee Category above above your ES Category would have to drop below your current ES rate - then you could give up your assigned cabin for a Guarantee cabin in the higher category, get the price difference, and remain ES. In your case, a Guarantee Suite (ST) would have to drop below your Balcony ES rate.

ken

Generally you cannot Directly price match your Early Saver (assigned cabin) with a "Guarantee" (cabin eventually assigned by Carnival) booking. To price match against a Guarantee, the Guaranteee Category above above your ES Category would have to drop below your current ES rate - then you could give up your assigned cabin for a Guarantee cabin in the higher category, get the price difference, and remain ES. In your case, a Guarantee Suite (ST) would have to drop below your Balcony ES rate.

ken

Booooo!:( Oh well, I guess I will just keep watching and hoping and dreaming. Thanks for your input....

Archived