Dream room question

acceber32

I am very confused :confused: and would love some help. Right now we are booked in room 6402 on the Dream. My problem is I am worried about noise from the hot tubs on the lanai. I have read reviews about it being a problem and we really don't want that to deal with. But here comes my problem, when I look at the ship deck plans on Carnival's website it doesn't look (to me at least) that the hot tubs on deck 5 line up with our room on deck 6; however, I have read reviews on here that rooms around ours have had problems. So, does anyone know which rooms on deck 6 are above the hot tubs? Does anyone know of any rooms on deck 6 that are safe (as in not above the hot tub)? Should I just switch to a higher category and move to deck 7? We want to try to stay toward the middle of the ship because my husband gets motion sick (he wears the bracellets and those help so I don't even honestly know if having a room toward the back of the ship would be a problem). Looked on Carnival's website and they have rooms on deck 7 toward the front and back of the ship available. Thanks for your help in advance!!! I thought we had a great room picked out with it being mid-ship and close to the elevator but now I am worried about the hot tubs :(

They close the lanai hot tubs earlier than the other hot tubs in order to keep the noise down for guests in the nearby rooms. I want to say they closed at like 8PM, but it could be 10PM.

As far as privacy, well, I've been in those hot tubs and can tell you that unless you're WAY up on the ship, the bathers/soakers are going to be able to see you on your balcony. ;) In my case, I noticed the people just left or right of the hot tub more than the people directly in line with it. I almost felt like they could pass me a beer if we knew each other better. LOL! So if it's just a one-deck change, I'd say don't worry about it.

Hope this helps.

We are sailing on 9/25 and we were on the 6th deck, above the lounge and just moved up to deck 8. It was only $20 more per person. I thought we were great mid ship near elevators as well but we typically go to bed around 11:00 so when I realized we were above the lounge I knew we had to move.

Archived