INTRAV Rembrandt

radiog

• 2 years later...
We are booked on the Springtime in Holland and Belgium Tour on INTRAV's Rembrandt.

Does anyone else have any experience with this vessel?

We spent 16 days RT from Amsterdam in May of 2003 [i think]....Saw places from Brugge to Mastricht and fully enjoyed it!...INTRAV does a fabulous job of staffing the guides and tour director. the cuisine is great and truly good wines are poured...We liked it so much that we are on the Sound of Music June 29-July 14 this year...Amsterdam-Budapest. Hope this helps make you comfortable with your booking. Rob.:cool:

• 3 weeks later...

:eek:

Thank you for the response, Awed23. Your choice of the word "cuisine" assures me that we are on target.
:rolleyes: Now don't get on me for my spelling ...but....The meal service was always great. We had a young [30?] Belgian chef who was a delight and he had a really young [21/25] girl from Hungary as his Sous Chef. She made the dinner menu presentation each night and explained Chef Pauls' sauces etc. in an accent that had everone including herself in stiches....Chef said she needed the practice...We had 2 coaches and 2 guides. A female whose name I do not remember and Jan, a Hollander with a PHD in European History....He was great!...The passengers tended to split into 2 groups every day and the group we tended to hang with always went with Jan...Just remember that this is not "Le Francoise" in Wheeling and you'll have a great cruise!!!!:cool:

• 4 weeks later...

We -- two couples from the Southeast -- are booked on the Rembrandt April 21. It'll be our second river cruise; we thoroughly enjoyed the first one, with Grand Circle, and this is supposed to be a step or two up from that.

We met an Intrav rep who says our cruise director is named Joanie and is great. What have you found worth reading?

We opted for a different Rembrandt itinerary, beginning in Amsterdam and cruising through Germany to Basel. I hope we won't be too late to see some tulips in Holland.

For reading, the INTRAV website has links to a great list. For your cruise, try here:

http://www.longitudebooks.com/find/d/7732/pc/INTRAV/r/IT/t/1/mcms.html

Be sure to report back here on your experience!:)

We opted for a different Rembrandt itinerary, beginning in Amsterdam and cruising through Germany to Basel. I hope we won't be too late to see some tulips in Holland.

For reading, the INTRAV website has links to a great list. For your cruise, try here:

http://www.longitudebooks.com/find/d/7732/pc/INTRAV/r/IT/t/1/mcms.html

Be sure to report back here on your experience!:)

The Keukenhof gardens will still be in bloom. They are a "Must See".....they are only open from mid-march to mid-May each year and are truly spectacular...

• 2 months later...

joedi,

How was your Rembrandt cruise? Ours was cancelled. We had already arrived in Amsterdam when we learned this. Due to "legal problems" with the boat owner, INTRAV replanned the tour as a bus trip. We said "no thanks" and got a refund.

Our stellar travel agent was able to quickly book us on a different Rhine ship, the Deilmann Casanova, and we were able to enjoy a very similar itinerary. As reported elsewhere here, the Peter Deilmann line is very posh and the food and service first class.

Hi,

I just saw a documentary on German TV about a bunch of people who were trained to work on a cruise ship (after being without a job for more than a year). 4 of them started a job on the MS Rembrandt out of Amsterdam. Obviously it was the start of the season, all passengers were Americans (no date was mentioned). 1 quit the first day, the other 3 were happy to work. The whole crew was fired after a month. The documentary didn´t mention any reason but obviously the ship did not get back into service. BTW the three got a new job with the same hotel company, two on the Volga river and the third one on the Rhine river.

So obviously something happened early this season with the MS Rembrandt. I haven´t seen any offers on her except by Noble Caledonia which is offering one 14 nighter later this year.

steamboats

Archived