I Can’t Believe This!!!!!!

Chief Cruiser

On Tuesday, an A/C hose developed a hole in it in my Ford Ranger and for some reason it quit running. My daughter was driving it and was 45 miles from home in another town. I called and had it towed back to our hometown and to the garage.

Yesterday, Wednesday, my Suburban quit running in the middle of the afternoon when the heat index was 100 leaving me stranded in the middle of the road. No warning. Nothing. Just boom....it cut off and wouldn't start for nothing. Fortunately, I was in town. I called and had it towed to garage.

Last night, my wife came in and said something was wrong with the electric window on the driver's side of our Dodge Caravan. I go check it out to see what is wrong. For some reason, the window would not come up. I checked the passenger side window. It wouldn't work at all. After struggling, tugging, pulling and working with the window on the driver's side, I finally got it up and thankfully it stayed, but now neither window is working.

I also find out late last night that TS Igor has formed and is expected to become a hurricane in the next couple of days. It's current and projected tract takes it towards the Bahamas. I can't believe this!!!!! :mad:

I get up this morning, go the bathroom and wash my face, brush my teeth, wet my hair and guess what? The bathroom sink becomes clogged and wouldn't drain. By now, I am just right before needing a padded room. :p

Why me???? :confused:

Normally, this type of thing is not a new chapter in my life. I am the proverbial "if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all" king. But this week is different. Yes indeed!

I AM LEAVING TOMORROW AFTER LUNCH TO TRAVEL TO CHARLESTON FOR MY 7-DAY CRUISE ON SATURDAY TO THE EASTERN CARIBBEAN AND I HAVE BEEN SO OCCUPIED WITH VEHILCES AND PROBLEMS THAT I DON'T EVEN HAVE THE SUITCASES OUT OF THE GARAGE, MUCHLESS ANYTHING PACKED!!!!!! :eek:

And I have to work the rest of today and up until lunchtime tomorrow!!!!!!

Gloom, despair, and agony is all over me! Honest Injun...every word of this is absolutely true!!!!!!!!!!! Can I get a little love from my fellow cruisers?

All I can say is, Stay away from me!:D:eek:

X

So how's the vacation going I wonder???

About to leave in the zillionth thunderstorm this summer it seems..only when I have to drive..

OP hope all is well..please report back..would love to see Charleston and that cruise..i'm sure!!

Well everyone, I'm back and have a great report!

While the truck A/C is not fixed, right before we left my mechanic said that it could wait til spring since fall is right around the corner and we can have the winter to save up the money to have it fixed so kinda took care of that for a while.

I haven't gotten a report on the Surburban yet as I've just returned to the office this morning and will check in with them later to see what the deal is with it.

The good news is the driver's side window on the Caravan began working again! I don't know what was wrong with it, but for now, it's back to working. Wish I could say the same for the passenger window, but at least for the moment, my repair bill just got cut in half!

The sink is fixed thanks to Drano and we got everything packed up and ready to go and without forgetting one single thing! Woohoo!

I do want to thank you guys for all the positive thoughts and well wishes. Some of the thoughts were quite funny and gave me a real good laugh. I love a great sense of humor!!! I will give you a small snapshot of my cruise and will try to do a more indepth review later. I do want to address a couple of replies, but thanks to all who submitted!

In spite of the all the car troubles, we had a nice trip down from the upstate of SC to Charleston on Friday, the 10th. We got a little later start than I had hoped due to me getting hung up at work. I was supposed to leave @ 11 since I went in at 7, but didn't get away until after 1. We left town shortly after 2 with a 2-1/2 hour drive ahead of us.

We arrived and checked in to our hotel, had a fantastic supper, took in a nice drive around Charleston for the benefit of my wife and then returned to the hotel for the night. We boarded Saturday and was eating lunch by 12:30. We had great weather the entire cruise. Seas was 1-2 ft. wavelets and only on Wednesday night through Thursday did we encounter any "bumps" in the road. The stablizers took care of most of that and it wasn't bad at all. A little forward to aft roll sent a few folks to sick bay, but it really wasn't that bad for us.

We had one very brief and light shower of rain in Nassau on Monday afternoon, otherwise, it was sunny, a few puffs of clouds here and there and the temperature ranged from quite warm to hot everyday. The sea days were fantastic, the food was great, and the rest plentiful.

Again, I hope to post a more detailed review, but just wanted to let you guys know that our trip couldn't have been better!

To All4Fun&Funforall: The more I come to Charleston, the more I like it (except for the humidity!!!). We ate at Poogan's Porch on Queen St and it was beyond delicious!!!!! My wife and I love the old plantation architecture of Charleston and her first trip to the market area was a blast. We look forward to coming back soon!

To Tapi: You have no idea of how blessed I am and no idea how much I realize that. My musings over my vehicle and sink problems were in no way meant to be compared to those less fortunate than myself. The Good Lord has been better to me and I deserve I am very well aware of that. My attempt to make a caricature of my troubles against my point of being on the verge of leaving and not having packed was not intended to make light of anyone's status in life. Your pointing out that I should count my blessing against the less forunate missed the concept of my post.

But, having said that, you might like to know that for a guy was not supposed to live past my 20's, that I worked my butt off while going to school to get two college degrees and now work 3 jobs to have those 3 old second-hand vehicles (1984, 1990, 2003), a sink, and a vacation. My wife works (and suffers from RSD and RA) as well so we are not living off your tax money, but neither are we living above our means either. I give to charities and often help those less fortunate.

In fact, I had a family contact me Thursday evening for help. Knowing that we'd be gone for a week, we gave away most of the groceries I had in my house to that family with three kids who were in need of help.

After boarding the ship on Saturday and in the middle of having a nice lunch with my wife, my cellphone rang and it was another person with a financial problem. I directed that person to see my pastor about getting some financial help with their utility bill from our benelovent fund because she had been laid off work and didn't have the money to pay her bill.

I give of my time and money to charity and individuals frequently to assist and aid them during times of their troubles as you can see and I am not going to beat this horse any longer. If you think the needy or less fortunate need to be considered before I air my insignificant problems, then I'm way ahead of you. I don't feel guilty about taking a vacation and from your signature, apparently you don't either seeing how you have been on a number of cruises and currently have two more booked. Even I'm not that forunate. Don't you think it is a little presumputous to make the kind of comment you did about someone you know nothing about? Probably not the reply you were seeking either.

Hmmmm....

Reading your post, I have one thing to say to you. Count your blessings. There are many out there that would love to have three cars, a vacation to look forward to, a job, or at a minimum, a bathroom where they could brush their teeth or wash up.

Sorry if this is not the kind of love that you were looking for... :o

Maybe count to ten before hitting the Submit Reply button....

Archived