WE MISSED THE BOAT! A cruisin USA "LONG and LENGTHY" DESTINY Review

cruisin USA

I emailed the link to this review to a friend I'm sailing with in May on the Destiny. He has the "why do we have to fly down the day before and pay for a hotel? My boss tells me he flies the day of all the time and never has a problem" attitude.

Maybe this will tell him why?

Sorry you had such a bad beginning to your vacation OP but it sounds like you made the best of it and still had a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing

well, well, well.

I come to the boards to find my Valentines review, and I see that someone else "Missed the Boat"....Then I saw it was my thread!!

Back from Davy Jones Locker!!!

I didn't know you could bring a 2 year old thread back up. I would have done so on the first and second anniversaries of this trip just to show you what can happen if you don't pre-cruise. I'll keep it in mind for next year....

Gary aka cruisin USA

well, well, well.

I come to the boards to find my Valentines review, and I see that someone else "Missed the Boat"....Then I saw it was my thread!!

Back from Davy Jones Locker!!!

I didn't know you could bring a 2 year old thread back up. I would have done so on the first and second anniversaries of this trip just to show you what can happen if you don't pre-cruise. I'll keep it in mind for next year....

Gary aka cruisin USA

First let me say that I really did enjoy your review and your great life loving go with the flow attitude. Sometimes I am blessed with that attitude, and other times, my gemini twin takes over lol. I like to think that i'm a feather in the wind and go with the flow...but honestly i know better. I'm so glad I came across your old review here...that has been resurrected from the dead as i see it is pretty old. However, still a wealth of info here.

on our last cruise, dh and I flew in the morning of our cruise:eek: i might have thought differently if reading this review first. $35 pp airfare is awful hard to pass up. most of the time we fly in a day or two early.

anyways, i really enjoyed your review and loved the photos! Thank you so much for taking the time out and do a great review. i often post to older threads just because there is still alot of good info we can learn from them.

enjoy your travels! maybe someday we'll have the pleasure of cruising with each other. we love fun happy people!

Thanks again for the awesome review

• 4 weeks later...

Gary,

I read your review for the first time today (all of it) and it gave me a "fix" for my my favorite places on earth... Grand Cayman, Key West, Cozumel, and Jamaica. I just want to say to you:

Well Done

Thanks so much for your exceptional review.

Bob

Memories of Naked Fanny

• 10 months later...

Well, Well, Well,

Just like last year, I come onto the boards to work on my Breeze novella, and someone else has, once again brought this review up from

Davy Jones Locker!!

Today was the 3rd anniversary of that particular trip. I had intended to bring it up annually as a reminder of what can happen to those who opt not to pre-cruise.

Unfortunately, I had linked the pictures to a certain social website, and that website took those pictures and put them in the "cloud" thus wiping them out of my review. Thinking about reposting this review pictures and all for next year.

Thanks Houst for bringing it back up for me.

Gary aka cruisin USA

Wow! Your situation was far worse than mine, when we were delayed 6 hours into Miami, due to icy weather and delayed flights, assuming we'd miss the ship (Destiny). Glad it turned out well for you and your family. This is reason why those of us who must fly to meet a ship, should try to get there the day before. Great review. Are you an author? Very suspenseful. :)

Archived