Cozumel beaches with clear water

TNM

I can't seem to get an answer on the Port board, so can anyone tell me which is the nicest beach in Cozumel as far as calm, crystal clear ocean water? We would like to go to a beach club there and reading reviews that some of the west side beaches have darker murkier water and rocky shores. We were considering Playa Uvas, Money Bar, Paradise, Corona....Any suggestions would be great...(except Nachi Cocum, too laid back and don't want to do AI). Thanks.

On some that are further south, it depends on the weather as to the clarity of the water. Chankanaab Park has nice clear water. General rule of thumb- rocky shore=great snorkeling; sandy shore=poor snorkeling.

Dave

You're exactly right! I found that out for myself last year. I'm not sure which beach we were at in Cozumel, but it was part of an ATV/Snorkeling Excursion. The beach was so rough and had so many sharp and jagged rocks, the excursion operator required everyone to wear shoes to walk from the beach club to the snorkel point. But once we got in the water, WOW! Absolutely beautiful. Everything from fish, to stingrays to sea horses...

Basically all the beach resorts on the West side are going to have the same water....(since they run together)....

it all depends on if there is a Norte' (or strong winds) that has just blown through to murk everything up.

Hurricane Wilma sucked a lot of the protective sand away...leaving exposed rockiness at the water line at several resorts.

Paradise Beach has an area you can enter and exit without watershoes (at the NORTH end of the resort). But I am an OCD Mom and make the boys wear watershoes at all times....

We always go to Paradise Beach because I don't want to pay an entrance fee for stuff I am not going to use.

With Paradise Beach, you only pay for what you use. The boys always get the wristband...I usually do not (I am a shade person!)

The EAST side is beautiful but not safe to swim in with the dangerous currents.....but great to WATCH ROLL IN!!

Archived