Question on Millennium Alaska cruise tour

Hot2Travel

Celebrity does a great job. The more important factor is to completely understand, all the details of the cruisetour you are purchasing, most do no. With your reference to Denali, and being a priority? (which I am assuming), be certain to have 2 nights there. Celebrity, also has the bonus of Seward, consider at least a day touring there, or better an overnight.

Finally, avoid considering the 11 day cruisetour, and even with a 12, it probably is not ideal, and has a lot of time in transit. I always recommend people go for as long as they can afford, and avoid shorter cruisetours. There is way more to Alaska then wizzing by on a bus or train.

Board ship in Vancouver, Ketchikan, Icy Strait Point, Juneau, Scagway, Hubbard Glacier, Seward.

Below is a summary of the tours, if you would be so kind as to critique it before I make a final decision.

Day 1, Arrive Seward by ship from Vancouver 4Am. Motor coach to visit Alaska Sea life center. Evening free and overnight Seward.

Day 2, Deluxe motor coach bound for Alyeska. En route-Visit Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center. Ride up the Mt. Alyeska Tramway. Overnight at The Hotel Alyeska.

Day 3, Motor coach the scenic ride to Overnight Denali. Day Free time to enjoy.

Day 4, Tundress Wilderness Tour, Danali National Park. Rest of the day on your own. Overnight Danali.

Day 5, Free time until travel by Motor coach to Talkeeta Alaska Lodge. Free time rest of the day.

Day 6, Morning and afternoon free time then board Wilderness Express to overnight in Anchorage, then transfer to Airport and home.;)

Look into Celebrity Cruisetour #21. It is a 14 nt cruise/tour and it includes Seward, Anchorage, Talkeetna, 2 nts Denali, and 2 nts Fairbanks.

Good evening......My wife and I originally booked CT #21.....but then "downsized" to #14. It's two days shorter 8=( but we're saving over $1500!.....Which we can use as a down payment on another cruise...

The 12 night ( #14 ) INCLUDES the Tundra Wilderness Tour on the "whole" day in Denali. That saved a couple hundred dollars right there!

Just my 2 cents......might not be worth 1/2 that much.....

Good evening......My wife and I originally booked CT #21.....but then "downsized" to #14. It's two days shorter 8=( but we're saving over $1500!.....Which we can use as a down payment on another cruise...

The 12 night ( #14 ) INCLUDES the Tundra Wilderness Tour on the "whole" day in Denali. That saved a couple hundred dollars right there!

Just my 2 cents......might not be worth 1/2 that much.....

#14 has no time in Seward, so I would suggest an alternative to just meet up in Anchorage with the group and stay in Seward, if any activites there are of interest. Kenai Fjords boat tours are a highlight, loaded with varied wildlife and close up glacier viewing.

Board ship in Vancouver, Ketchikan, Icy Strait Point, Juneau, Scagway, Hubbard Glacier, Seward.

Below is a summary of the tours, if you would be so kind as to critique it before I make a final decision.

Day 1, Arrive Seward by ship from Vancouver 4Am. Motor coach to visit Alaska Sea life center. Evening free and overnight Seward.

Day 2, Deluxe motor coach bound for Alyeska. En route-Visit Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center. Ride up the Mt. Alyeska Tramway. Overnight at The Hotel Alyeska.

Day 3, Motor coach the scenic ride to Overnight Denali. Day Free time to enjoy.

Day 4, Tundress Wilderness Tour, Danali National Park. Rest of the day on your own. Overnight Danali.

Day 5, Free time until travel by Motor coach to Talkeeta Alaska Lodge. Free time rest of the day.

Day 6, Morning and afternoon free time then board Wilderness Express to overnight in Anchorage, then transfer to Airport and home.;)

The points to consider, would be to do activies YOU want to in Seward, you have the ideal with an overnight there. The Sealife Center is OK, but you have plenty of other options, to also consider. Be certain you want to spend your time in Alyeska, it isn't worth the tram, if overcast and the area is nice, but not a lot to do, without your own transportation.

It is Tundra Wilderness tour in Denali. Celebrity is the winner with using the Talkeetna Alaska Lodge, very very nice. BUT again, is this a location you want to be?? The main activity is flightseeing. I think it's a good idea, to really look at your interests and what you want out of Alaska, to occupy your time with cruisetours and "rest of day on your own".

We just returned from the Celebrity #14 cruisetour and loved it. The only thing I would have liked to have different would be time in seward otherwise I wouldn't change anything. Our bus driver and tour guide were great very informative and went out of their way to be sure we had a good time. The TWT tour in Denali was fantastic, saw lots of wildlife. We feel we learned more about Alaska and the people there by going on a guided tour verses going on our own. Just my point of view. Had a great time.

• 3 months later...
We just returned from the Celebrity #14 cruisetour and loved it. The only thing I would have liked to have different would be time in seward otherwise I wouldn't change anything. Our bus driver and tour guide were great very informative and went out of their way to be sure we had a good time. The TWT tour in Denali was fantastic, saw lots of wildlife. We feel we learned more about Alaska and the people there by going on a guided tour verses going on our own. Just my point of view. Had a great time.

Many thanks all. More info needed: Does Celebrity handle your luggage on the tour part? Are the rooms large enough for our luggage or will Celebrity retain some luggage not needed on Tour? How was the food at Talkeetna/Denali lodges?:confused: Just trying to undersand the details before final booking.

Archived