Port Canaveral: Suggestions...

cruiser4four

Hello everyone,

We are scheduled to cruise on Carnival Dream which leaves Port Canaveral, our plan is to arrive there a day or two ahead of time and stay at a hotel. Any advice on what we can do the day before our cruise? Any sites we should check out? Nice restaurants? For those of you who have visited there, what would be your top suggestions?

Thanks.

Most people stay at either Country Inn and Suites or Radisson ... for only those two hotels, ANY hotel room you book, even at the online rate, you get free cruise parking. Radisson has a free shuttle to the port and back to your car, so was worth the $99 online rate to me.

Days Inn in Cocoa Beach had a $99 cruise special .. it has the advantage of being right across from the public beach if you are into the beach.

Most people stay at either Country Inn and Suites or Radisson ... for only those two hotels, ANY hotel room you book, even at the online rate, you get free cruise parking. Radisson has a free shuttle to the port and back to your car, so was worth the $99 online rate to me.

Days Inn in Cocoa Beach had a $99 cruise special .. it has the advantage of being right across from the public beach if you are into the beach.

We just booked Country Inn through Hotwire for $59 plus taxes...GREAT DEAL! My 10 yr old is looking forward to being within walking distance of Ron John!

We just booked Country Inn through Hotwire for $59 plus taxes...GREAT DEAL! My 10 yr old is looking forward to being within walking distance of Ron John!

Give you an idea of my,,,,ah, "tenure.":D First time I shopped at Ron Jon's it was a one room wooden structure. Now it covers blocks and blocks.

The country inn & suites are reasonblly priced and it includes a shuttle to and from the port. The port is one of the easiest to get in and out of in Florida in my opinion.

You should definilty check out the Kennedy Space Center- in its heyday, that entire area was bustling with activity and unfortunatly with no more shuttle launches who knows how long it will be around. Check it out while you can.

Not sure if you are traveling with kids or not but we usually stay at the Radisson while we are there. There is a little dive bar/restaurant in Cocoa Beach that we love...has great drinks and good bar food...it is called the Sand Bar Sports Bar and Grill...it is right across the dunes from the beach...family owned and operated.

Another great place is Cocunuts Beach Bar and Restaurant...right on the beach...makes you feel like you are on vacation.

We usually try to do both while we are there...Coconuts is newer and nicer and has more of a restaurant feel where the Sand Bar is VERY casual and more like a local hang out...

We stayed at LaQuinta which was well rated on http://www.tripadvisor.com in Cocoa Beach and loved it. It is right on the beach, next to the Cocoa Beach Pier, and within walking distance to a Publix for soda and water. There are several restaurants close-by. We were tired from traveling and just stayed at the hotel and ordered pizza to be delivered by the pool.

959887237_Dream2010003.jpg.735ea76929813bd93548ff730e0682d2.jpg

734025888_Dream2010009.jpg.a0ce231ce6af0cae7e9377f6295cb5ac.jpg

Archived