Halloween Question...

flcruzer03

I will be sailing on the Serenade the end of Oct. our cruise actually ENDS on the 31st...several people on our roll call have questioned whether there will be any halloween activites on our cruise...I'm thinking no...in the past I have sailed the end of Oct. and the parties..etc were always held on the night of Halloween...anyone have any experience with a cruise ending just prior to halloween?

Last year, our Carnival cruise ended before Halloween, we still celebrated (with decorations & kids trick or treating). Our Mariner cruise departs on Halloween, & they plan to celebrate that day anyway & during the week.

you can e-mail them at web_reservations@rccl.com ( _ between web & reservations) & ask-- that's what I did

Not sure what to tell you. We have been on a cruise when the very last night was on Halloween (the CD held Halloween celebrations on both the next to last and last nights of the cruise)and on another cruise that began on Halloween and there was a parade and celebration that first night onboard. If I were a betting man, I'd guess that the ship will already be decorated for the holiday and there will be a celebration of some sort even if,technically, Halloween isn't until the day you disembark. In fact there is nothing to prevent you from dressing up and celebrating even if it isn't officially sanctioned. We will be back onboard Jewel of the Seas for yet another Halloween party this coming October.:D

• 2 weeks later...

I will be on the Radiance sailing Oct 25th and we get back off on the 30th.

How can we find out if the ship will be doing a halloween party or not for this sailing?

Have been on 2 halloween sailings in the past and had a great time, would like to be able to do it again this year.

We cruised on a Carnival ship on October 24 last year, and received an email on October 9 announcing that all sailings departing mid-October through Halloween would feature their fourth annual "Frightfully Fun" night. We had time to put together costumes - really easy if you are Florida residents dressing up as Florida tourists, as most of your costume can be found in your closet :p I am sure that RCI also has Halloween festivities planned.

We were on Seranade last year, Holloween was the last night of the cruise, they had a huge party on the 30th. It was great, lots of costumes, our table mate won first prize for best costume. Word was that Holloween is a big deal on all ships. We had a great time and look foward to cruising on Holloween again.

Izzy

We were on Majesty last Halloween (2009) weekend and they encouraged people to bring their costumes to wear for the cruise. They had a costume contest during the Saturday night pool side buffet and it was pretty fun. The only thing that they wouldn't let anyone do is wear their costumes into the MDR for dinner. I noticed them refusing people that came in wearing their costumes telling them that they couldn't wear them in the MDR.

We will be on the Radiance during Halloween and we already have costumes.

My beautiful lady will be a vampire Hooter girl and I will be Johnny Rotten from the Sex Pistols.

We don't care if others dress up or not. We just want to have a fun evening out, ;) after all it's OUR cruise!

So I vote for dressing up....:D

We're on the Liberty of the Seas on a 3 night starting 10/28 and ending 10/31.....also on the 7 night starting 10/31. So maybe we'll have a Halloween celebration on both cruises. :D

We are also departing on the Oct 31 Liberty and was wondering when they would have the costume party. I do not think it will be the first night as many will not even have their luggage. I suspect it will be mid week for the adults and then throughout the week the kids club will have different Halloween based activities.

I've been on Carnival twice during Halloween and we have always been impressed with the amount of participation. We can't wait to see what RC has planned.

We are also departing on the Oct 31 Liberty and was wondering when they would have the costume party. I do not think it will be the first night as many will not even have their luggage. I suspect it will be mid week for the adults and then throughout the week the kids club will have different Halloween based activities.

I've been on Carnival twice during Halloween and we have always been impressed with the amount of participation. We can't wait to see what RC has planned.

We boarded a cruise on Jewel of the Seas on Halloween a few years back and there was definitely a Halloween celebration including a party and a parade and a lot of participation that first evening. While all of your luggage may not arrive in time for first seating dining, it should be in your room before second seating unless you are on a ship that departs in the evening and not at 4 or 5 pm. Unless you have a bulky costume, consider packing it in your carryon so you will be fully prepared to participate in the Halloween festivities.

We were on Majesty last Halloween (2009) weekend and they encouraged people to bring their costumes to wear for the cruise. They had a costume contest during the Saturday night pool side buffet and it was pretty fun. The only thing that they wouldn't let anyone do is wear their costumes into the MDR for dinner. I noticed them refusing people that came in wearing their costumes telling them that they couldn't wear them in the MDR.

Very interesting. There was no such restriction on our Jewel repositioning cruise a few years back that sailed on Halloween, and another time when Halloween coincided with a formal night the dress code for the evening was described in the Cruise Compass as "formal or costume". Those who dressed as Dracula, pretty much fit both categories.:D

I'm wearing my costume to board-I'll be going as "cheryl-the aging mousketeer" Got the Mickey Mouse ears, name shirt & cute skirt! I just have to take off the ears for the sign & sail card:p

You may not want to do this, it might confuse other passengers thinking that they are boarding the wrong cruiseline!:D;)

Very interesting. There was no such restriction on our Jewel repositioning cruise a few years back that sailed on Halloween, and another time when Halloween coincided with a formal night the dress code for the evening was described in the Cruise Compass as "formal or costume". Those who dressed as Dracula, pretty much fit both categories.:D

It just goes to show you how various ships react differently.:) I actually heard the "person" standing at the entrance tell the people that they couldn't wear their costume in the MDR when they tried to enter. I actually thought that was silly since they had the costume contest later that evening.

Here's the reply i got about the FOS Oct 24-31 sailing:

It is very likely some form of Halloween activities will take place during the October 24, 2010 sailing of the Freedom of the Seas. Guests are encouraged to bring costumes as we usually host a costume contest and costume party for the adults. Please note that the scheduling of Halloween activities is decided by the ship, and not released prior to departure.

Please consult your daily Cruise Compass once onboard for more information.

Thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International. We look

forward to welcoming you aboard.

Sincerely,

Kristian Leighty

Royal Caribbean Pre-Cruise Planning Desk

I was on Freedom last Halloween. They had a costume parade and contest. People wore their costumes to dinner, too.

Also, Richard Spacey and crew did a special production on one of the nights before a show. It was "Thriller". A dedication to MJ's death. They all dressed up and looked so good. They did such a fantastic job.

Archived