Stayed on ship for whole cruise?

Ken1359

First cruise, I wanted the least sea days possible. Now I want half and half and really enjoy the sea days. I do feel like you mention that the ship IS a destination or resort itself and a wonderful place to be. I hope I get to the point where I have seen all the ports and can relax on board and just get off for a little while to meet friends , have a special lunch or do some shopping ! I have also met people who stayed on boerd , even in St-Petersburg and had their hair color done on that day.

I have gone on cruises where I haven't gotten off the ship...except at the end. LOL. Sometimes the cruise ship is my destination. I've been to most of the Caribbean and Mexican ports several times and I've seen what I wanted to see. If I get off I just end up shopping. I love sea days and I love having the ship to myself on port days. I look for cruises with as many sea days as possible. I love sitting on my balcony, reading and looking at the ocean. I cruise for relaxation and to get away from a stessful life. Cruising is the world I escape to. When I go somewhere completely new I will usually get off if it looks like there's something I want to see.

That would suit me just fine. DH, no matter how many times we've been someplace, would explode with frustration if he had to watch people getting off the ship and not be among them. It's definitely not his style.

I'm with your DH. I do love, love, love sea days but really like getting off at the ports no matter how many times I've been there. Sometimes it may be just for a couple of hours but I do like to get off the ship. But, I've been on cruises to the Mexican Riviera with other Southern Californian's who have done the MR many times and don't get off the ship. That's the beauty of cruising. So many choices!:)

I am one who really does not care for sea days, but my wife enjoys them. Our cruise next week is our second consecutive one that has a port every day except the last. That sea day I can use to wind down from an active week so I actually don't mind that. My worse fear on our upcoming cruise is that the seas are really high on our two tender ports and they turn into sea days.

I was just chatting with some friends about how much I enjoy cruising. When I said that I could easily enjoy a cruise by treating the ship as the destination and stay on board the whole time, I was met with some raised eyebrows. But it's true.....although I usually take quite a few shore excursions, I am just as happy, if not happier, on sea days. My fellow cruisers themselves are sometimes an "excursion" through shared experiences. People watching from a comfortable vantage point (drink in hand, of course) is great entertainment.

That being said, I was wondering if I'm alone in losing myself in the "being at sea" experience. Anybody else like me?

We too love sea days and the experience of watching our fellow passengers.

I would like to see the Princess develop a cruise to a location where they drop you off and sail back with the previous group of passenger. They could arrange the accommodations or you could strike out on your own. Then a set time ranging from a week or a few days later they pick you back up.

Our last two cruises was basically the same itinerary and we got off the ship in the Hawaiian ports, but this time stand onboard in Ensenada, treating it like a sea day as did probably 90 per cent of the passengers. The previous time, we got off the ship in Ensenada for less than an hour so that hubby could buy a trinket for his mother. Since we live in Southern California, we've done the Baja cruise a few times, and one time in Ensenada was one time too many as far as I'm concerned.

Love doing activities such as trivia.

I was just chatting with some friends about how much I enjoy cruising. When I said that I could easily enjoy a cruise by treating the ship as the destination and stay on board the whole time, I was met with some raised eyebrows. But it's true.....although I usually take quite a few shore excursions, I am just as happy, if not happier, on sea days. My fellow cruisers themselves are sometimes an "excursion" through shared experiences. People watching from a comfortable vantage point (drink in hand, of course) is great entertainment.

That being said, I was wondering if I'm alone in losing myself in the "being at sea" experience. Anybody else like me?

Yet another reason to keep the MDR open (at least part of it) for lunch. For some, the ship IS the destination.

Archived