Carnival Pride being refurbished?

waterwatcher

Hmm-We have a cruise booked on the Pride out of Baltimore leaving Nov. 10th! So how is that going to work if the ship is scheduled for a refurb during that time?

Sure hope they are not going to be working while we're cruising!

According to the web site the Pride has back to back cruises from Nov 3rd through the entire month of Nov. So what's up Mach?

Don't forget to check the dates - this thread was originally started in 2010, and was brought out of retirement for some ungodly reason.

The next drydock is scheduled for two weeks next February (2014).

With that being said, the ship is a gorgeous ship, and I love the fact that it's only a two hour drive from home (give or take a couple of minutes - depends on if I'm driving or if the hubster's driving). But I think they could shake up the itinerary a bit. Dropping Freeport in favor of Key West would be a GIANT improvement. I also think that cutting down the time while at the ports is a mistake. I've read that Grand Turk days are shortened by almost two hours, which is a shame because that is one of our favorite stops. Freeport alone was shortened half an hour, which really makes it feel like you're rushing things if you decide to go to Lucaya for the morning.

I, too, am looking into leaving out of New York for our next cruise, just for a change of pace (and a different itinerary - plus, for some odd reason, cruise prices seem less leaving out of New York, especially when you factor in the extra day).

Don't forget to check the dates - this thread was originally started in 2010, and was brought out of retirement for some ungodly reason.

The next drydock is scheduled for two weeks next February (2014).

Hopefully she will go elsewhere after the drydock unless she gets a major amount of the 2.0 upgradese and itinerary change

Just curious for those wishing the Pride to go "elsewhere" which ship they'd like to see Carnival replace her with? Outside of building a new ship, not a lot of options for Carnival.

I would love to see the Carnival Spirit or any other Spirit class ship. I would really want a Dream class ship but they might be too big. More importantly, though, I know my family would enjoy different 7 day itineraries like HMC, Key West, Nassau for example

I would love to see the Carnival Spirit or any other Spirit class ship. I would really want a Dream class ship but they might be too big. More importantly, though, I know my family would enjoy different 7 day itineraries like HMC, Key West, Nassau for example

Yea, the Chesapeake Bay, more specifically the Key and Bay Bridges won't allow anything much beyond the Spirit class ships to pass under them. I think the Pride clears them by just under 12 feet, Dream class probably won't make it, but, I'd trade Key West for Freeport as a port stop.

I also wouldn't mind Fantasy Class ships with waterslides :)

The Carnival Pride IS a Spirit-class ship and does have a great water slide. As for itineraries, HMC is only available to Carnival during the summer months when HAL is not using it. I think that Carnival goes to Port Canaveral instead of Key West due to the excursions to the Space Center and the Orlando area.

The Carnival Pride IS a Spirit-class ship and does have a great water slide. As for itineraries, HMC is only available to Carnival during the summer months when HAL is not using it. I think that Carnival goes to Port Canaveral instead of Key West due to the excursions to the Space Center and the Orlando area.

I have never been on the Carnival Pride's waterslide, but it looks small/slow.... I just am not a fan of Freeport

Hopefully she will go elsewhere after the drydock unless she gets a major amount of the 2.0 upgradese and itinerary change

Careful what you wish for. What if she were to leave ... and none replaced her? :eek: :(

I would mind this very much. :(

I'll be at HMC next Wednesday on Carnival Victory weather permitting!

Well it all boils down to money. Maryland just released their cruise tourist figures and the $90 Million they received from cruise revenue. MD will try to keep Carnival and RC at Baltimore. The problem with the Dream class in addition to the bridges is the depth of bay as well.

Spirit classs ships are our favorite and personally I love the Pride especially watching little kids seeing and hearing them talk about "david" in the steakhouse.

We need need a change of ports however. Key West, St Thomas, drop Freeport, stars even the Caymans would be doable.

[quote name='CarnivalBreeze319']I do think though Carnival needs to bring some of their "better ships" up the East Coast because the cruising industry is becoming very competitive up the East Coast. This is especially true with the introduction of the Norwegian Breakaway which will homeport in New York. I would just hate to see Carnival lose out to the east coast where the US population is plentiful.[/QUOTE]

The problem with Baltimore is the bridge. Any of the larger
Carnival ships will not fit underneath. The Pride is probably
One of the better Carnival ships that would be able to sale from
Baltimore. NYC is getting the Splendor. That is a nice ship.
Carnival just doesn't have innovative ships like some other
Lines do.

[quote name='JPEvans']The problem with Baltimore is the bridge. Any of the larger
Carnival ships will not fit underneath. The Pride is probably
One of the better Carnival ships that would be able to sale from
Baltimore. NYC is getting the Splendor. That is a nice ship.
Carnival just doesn't have innovative ships like some other
Lines do.[/QUOTE]

True. Im curious if the new 2016 Carnival Ship will homeport in New York? Any thoughts? Wouldn't be surprised especially after all of the advertising in the New York area recently.

[quote name='CarnivalBreeze319']I have never been on the Carnival Pride's waterslide, but it looks small/slow.... I just am not a fan of Freeport[/quote]

I went on the slide. It is not slow.:) (I don't know many people that are fans of Freeport, but I'd rather be in Freeport in April than in Vermont in April;).)

Archived