Amusing Princess mailing.

We just received a mass mailing from Princess today extolling the virtues of their fleet, which stated that if you didn't want a high octane vacation with rock walls, flowriders, etc. then choose Princess. When was the last time you saw RCI or =X= playing off a Princess feature to push their ships?

And please don't mention flexible dining, that was pioneered by NCL.

Of course they totally scrambled our names, first and last, so I have no idea what mailing list yielded our name. And we have sailed Princess before but aside from an almost correct last name there was no way a computer matching program would catch the duplication. The mailing had discount coupons and pricing but since the person named in the mailing doesn't exist, no way can we use it since discounts can only be used by the person who received the offer.:)

We just received a mass mailing from Princess today extolling the virtues of their fleet, which stated that if you didn't want a high octane vacation with rock walls, flowriders, etc. then choose Princess. When was the last time you saw RCI or =X= playing off a Princess feature to push their ships?

And please don't mention flexible dining, that was pioneered by NCL.

Of course they totally scrambled our names, first and last, so I have no idea what mailing list yielded our name. And we have sailed Princess before but aside from an almost correct last name there was no way a computer matching program would catch the duplication. The mailing had discount coupons and pricing but since the person named in the mailing doesn't exist, no way can we use it since discounts can only be used by the person who received the offer.:)

What a clever way to avoid paying on discounts.....:D

What's even funnier, on the last mailing we got from them, they messed up THEIR OWN name. Yup...they spelled it Princes instead of Princess....right on the inside cover of a very expensive glossy brochure.

Maybe they had a sex change operation. ;) :D

What's even funnier, on the last mailing we got from them, they messed up THEIR OWN name. Yup...they spelled it Princes instead of Princess....right on the inside cover of a very expensive glossy brochure.

That's the problem with spell check - it doesn't care if it's the right word, just that it's spelled correctly.

We got their atlas a couple of days ago. I must say their loyalty program remains one of the strongest of all the lines we cruise. RCI could learn from them. They also do have strong itineraries. My biggest complaint with them is the ships are NO match for RCI and I just don't like their food. (Keep in mind that is totally subjective so don't bother)

Archived