Bringing sodas onboard at the port of New Orleans

jhale

I've read recently that they are really enforcing the "no beverages in checked luggage" rule at the port of New Orleans. Now I'm not trying to be a rebel or anything, i just really don't want to carry around my sodas at embarkation. Has anyone had any recent expierience with this? Perhaps they checked their sodas anyways and they made it to the room? Just curious, we've never had an issue before, but they seem to be cracking down lately.

Thanks is advance :)

I have buried over 2 cases of Cokes in my luggage during both of my last 2 cruises. No problems.

Guess they are trying to crack down on anyone trying to save a dollar or two. Never mind about the POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE this causes.

Even with me bringing on Soda's, I still buy a Soda card. I just like being able to drink one or two sitting on the balcony reading a book or relaxing.

I have buried over 2 cases of Cokes in my luggage during both of my last 2 cruises. No problems.

Guess they are trying to crack down on anyone trying to save a dollar or two. Never mind about the POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE this causes.

Even with me bringing on Soda's, I still buy a Soda card. I just like being able to drink one or two sitting on the balcony reading a book or relaxing.

Yeah, we usually go out of Galveston and have never had a problem, or been questioned by the porters. We usually have 1 duffel that has our 2 12-packs and some shoes and misc. items that we check and carry-on our clothes in a rolling bag.

We have checked our drinks in NO before, but it's been a couple years. I'm thinking I'm just going to do it and if we have to go to the "naughty room" so be it, lol.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, we usually go out of Galveston and have never had a problem, or been questioned by the porters. We usually have 1 duffel that has our 2 12-packs and some shoes and misc. items that we check and carry-on our clothes in a rolling bag.

We have checked our drinks in NO before, but it's been a couple years. I'm thinking I'm just going to do it and if we have to go to the "naughty room" so be it, lol.

So every time we near a cruise I start to worry "What if I can't bring my Diet Dr. Pepper on or my Low Carb Monster." So I call and they assure me that it will be fine to bring a 12-pk or 2 on board with no issue. And everytime I worry until it gets to the cabin....LOL Just hung up with Carnival and was once again assured it would be fine! :-)

So every time we near a cruise I start to worry "What if I can't bring my Diet Dr. Pepper on or my Low Carb Monster." So I call and they assure me that it will be fine to bring a 12-pk or 2 on board with no issue. And everytime I worry until it gets to the cabin....LOL Just hung up with Carnival and was once again assured it would be fine! :-)

Yeah, my concern is having to carry it on. I'm traveling with my mother and would have to carry around 2 12-packs until our room is ready. Of course mom likes to get on the ship around 11 so 2.5 hours of carrying all that around doesn't sound fun.

So I'll just be "that person" and break the rule and risk checking it, lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there anyone out there who lives in New Orleans helping out on these threads?

I have a mundane question that really is important to me.

Do they sell regular Fresca in New Orleans, and if so can you direct me to a store that does in/near the Lower Garden District? It's the only softdrink I can drink, and if I could still haul it onboard the plane, I would.

Internet and Coke website is absolutely no help. You cannot imagine how frustrating it is to get somewhere and waste so much time hunting for it. KMart or WallMart usually do, but there is not one that is near there for someone without a car.

Thanks.

Is there anyone out there who lives in New Orleans helping out on these threads?

I have a mundane question that really is important to me.

Do they sell regular Fresca in New Orleans, and if so can you direct me to a store that does in/near the Lower Garden District? It's the only softdrink I can drink, and if I could still haul it onboard the plane, I would.

Internet and Coke website is absolutely no help. You cannot imagine how frustrating it is to get somewhere and waste so much time hunting for it. KMart or WallMart usually do, but there is not one that is near there for someone without a car.

Thanks.

Where are you staying in New Orleans? Try contacting Rouse's supermarkets through their website at http://shop.rouses.com/ . They are a local chain, and have a store in the French Quarter at 701 Royal St. Hope this helps!

Thanks so much. At least its a phone number to call and ask if they carry it. None of their stores are close to where we are staying, but we intended to take the St. Charles streetcar to the end of the line anyway, and there is one there. 400 NORTH CARROLLTON AV. Using google maps street view, it is a vacant field the other side of the tracks. Maybe its been built since the photos. ;-)

On my trip in August I brought a case of shrink wrapped 1L bottles of Perrier.(don't ask- it's all my 4 year old drinks...) I just taped a luggage tag to the top of it and handed it to the porter with my luggage.

It arrive in my cabin safe and sound.

Archived