"Carnival Vacation Club"

rpouls

OK - while on a cruise a few years' back I signed up for the CVC. Didn't use any of the resort credits (actually, I did a search at the time, and could have gotten quite a nice deal at a resort in CA, just couldn't get away at the time).

Anyway, I thought that my 'points' were expiring, so I booked a cruise to use almost all of them (aft wrap - my first, now have become hopelessly hooked).

Turns out, I still have resort credits left. Here's an excerpt of the latest e-mail I recieved:

Your Carnival Vacation Club Membership has substantial value that has not been used, and will be permanently lost within the next month. You have unused Resort Certificates and unused Cruise Points which have a value of $1,500.

Enhancements have been made that provide members the ability to now apply the remaining value toward a wider selection of cruise lines and resorts. We are interested in giving you this unique opportunity to apply this value toward a complimentary cruise, as well as all your future cruise and resort vacations.

So, what do you think? All comments welcome!

No! Run away from that "offer". They want big bucks to sucker you in to more "deals". You really do not have $1,500 worth of credit. If you don't believe me, try and book something with what you have and see what happens. See what you think it is worth, compared to what you could get by booking direct with the hotel or an online travel site.

I believe I read here that the CVC is no longer associated with Carnival, and it was no longer anywhere close to a deal. Best advice is to not pursue that company.

We had CVC. Not at all associated with CCL. We got the same offer and I called them just to see what they would say. They said, well, you have somewhere between $1000 and $1500 toward cruises on any line, not just CCL. Then they stated that you "could apply, possibly, up to $600 per cruise" and we guarantee the lowest rate. But there is also a charge of $150 to get in on "this deal".

After I explained, 4 times, that I work p/t as a TA and I can see all the rates, plus I get the commission, they couldn't beat the that deal. Finally he said, ok, thank you and hung up. Amazingly, I got another email today from them. We enjoyed having the VIP embarkation and had some great cruises with the points, so we feel it was an OK purchase for us.

This is just my experience... your mileage may vary.

Archived