Silversea Spirit v. Seabourn Odyssey

CruisinGerman

Dear friends:

Has anyone been on both the Silversea Spirit and Seabourn Odyssey (or Soujourn)?

Would you kindly share your thoughts and comparison?

My wife and I enjoy the Silversea Spirit very much, but Seabourn has just published an irresistible special on the Odyssey for 9 and 13 night cruises, and it is very tempting indeed -- even better than Venetian Value prices.

Please don't interpret this as a potential jumping ship to Seabourn. We have over 100 days on Silversea and have been very loyal to them, but it is nice to try different lines every once in awhile.

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

It's just that there are some scathing reviews of the new Seabourn ships on the Seabourn board lately. We were on the Silversea Spirit on June 5 and had a fantastic time.

Wondering what the difference is that is giving Seabourn such bad reviews lately (on their new ships).

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

First, we enjoy reading your well written posts. After 50+ days on Spirit during first quarter this year, our next three cruises are booked on Odyssey.

I'm not leaving SS, it is more that SS has left me. It is probably healthy to take a break. It seems natural that foks used to the triplets might have a hard time adjusting to the new ships. Shadow to Spirit is not the drastic change that Legend to Odyssey represents.

It's just that there are some scathing reviews of the new Seabourn ships on the Seabourn board lately. We were on the Silversea Spirit on June 5 and had a fantastic time.

Wondering what the difference is that is giving Seabourn such bad reviews lately (on their new ships).

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

Have been on Sojourn and Odyssey recently. On Silversea Spirit December. Will let you know ( if this is not too late!)

Archived