On Millenium: Liquor store near Port of San Juan?

Raycruise2010

I'm on the Millenium Oct.22. Is there a liquor store near the Port of San Juan? I figured I would buy two bottles of wine there and bring it onboard (Yes, we can bring on two bottles for stateroom consumption). I don't want to risk bringing two bottles in mu luggage and have them break. If there's no place at the port, anyplace nearby? Thanks for any help.

The selections are limited, and may not be to your taste. Are you coming in a day before? There are plenty of places to buy nice wines in San Juan. Even if you are cutting it close by arriving the morning of your cruise, you can ask your cab driver to make a stop at a good store.

We came in to San Juan a few days early a couple of years ago and wanted to buy some scotch and bourbon to enjoy in our hotel prior to the cruise and had a dickens of a time finding it. Several brands of rum, naturally, but other liquor was harder to come by. So we settled for wine, which we bought in a grocery store. Good selections and decent prices.

Don't purchase the wine in the terminal. Limited selection. We asked the cab driver to stop at a liquor store just before he dropped us off at the ship. No problem. We bought 4 bottles of wine. DH carried on 2 bottles and walked ahead of me. I let 4 couples then go and then I walked on with 2 more bottles. DON'T take your chances at the terminal. You will be very disappointed. I think the cab fare ran us an extra $2.50 because the meter was running while DH was inside buying the wine. Still worth the stop.

Archived