Private Sale?

siouxrose

Actually, I think they compete a lot with Seabourn. As of yesterday, Seabourn had two cruises in Europe going as low as $1999 and a few more that are just a couple hundred dollars over that. SeaDream only has two vessels, so I can understand why they don't lower their prices more, but I'm sure they're under some pressure because of Seabourn.

My husband and I lived in Germany until last year. If we were still there right now, we'd strongly consider one of those Seabourn cruises. We've never cruised Seabourn and those sale fares are low enough to be very tempting!

I have seen SeaDream with GTY fares as low as $1499-- I think that was in the 2009 season, though. The low fare was one way I could get my husband to try luxury cruising. Convincing him to get back onboard is much easier now that he knows what he's getting for the money!

Did anyone else see this? It's a sale on a 7 day cruise departing Dec 12th from only $1999! I'd love to go but doubt I can talk DH into it since we are already sailing on SD in November. It's almost cheaper than staying at home:o

Can someone tell me where you are seeing this rate? That is a really attractive fare.

The offer came as an email. We had signed uo for special offers while on board. The sale lasts 2 weeks and you need to pay in full within 24hrs. I'm sure if you call SD you can get this rate. It starts at $1999

GTY on deck 2. We sailed in Dec 09 for $1999 GTY. It must be a slow time of year for SD.

This "week" in Dec. is traditionally a low week for travel as its right before peak holiday travel - we took advantage of the SD sale last year to sell on SD 2. While it was a great deal, we ended up on board with the President (wonderfully personable and charming man) and the entire sales team (great people, but it changed the dynamics and I would not want to do again). So I would not assume there is any difficulty with SD filling the yachts and from the way prices are holding and the number of weeks the yachts are being chartered (where the real money is), I think SD is doing ok.

And during spring break season - doubtful rates will go down, once school holidays start, rates seem to level out. just IMHO (I finally figured that one out and have been waiting to use it).

FT.

Haven't ever received anything on a private sale even though we have sailed SD four times. Interesting...

This "week" in Dec. is traditionally a low week for travel as its right before peak holiday travel - we took advantage of the SD sale last year to sell on SD 2. While it was a great deal, we ended up on board with the President (wonderfully personable and charming man) and the entire sales team (great people, but it changed the dynamics and I would not want to do again). So I would not assume there is any difficulty with SD filling the yachts and from the way prices are holding and the number of weeks the yachts are being chartered (where the real money is), I think SD is doing ok.

And during spring break season - doubtful rates will go down, once school holidays start, rates seem to level out. just IMHO (I finally figured that one out and have been waiting to use it).

FT.

You'll have to share your insight on the spring break-school holidays rates.

Hi,

Can tell you - from bitter experience! - that Seadream is doing OK>

Tried to book a last minute on the Oct 2nd out of Athens, but full.

The TA in Oct has just one cabin left - on Deck 4, so more expensive and also we liked the sound of the water going past the portholes in Deck 2!

As I said to them, good to know a quality product is doing well. It means it will still be around in the future.

Just means we are going to Cape Verde next month instead.

Haven't ever received anything on a private sale even though we have sailed SD four times. Interesting...

Are you on the e-mail list? I know I signed up once but it never came through (I think maybe once I changed computers the spam filter kicks it out) but since ZQ Vol gets, we still hear about it.

FT

Are you on the e-mail list? I know I signed up once but it never came through (I think maybe once I changed computers the spam filter kicks it out) but since ZQ Vol gets, we still hear about it.

FT

Thought I was but I have never received the emails (checked both email accounts including spam). I get emails from Seabourn what seems like daily:rolleyes:

Interestingly I did get the email via a forward from someone who I'm not sure got me email:confused: Such mysteries:p

Thought I was but I have never received the emails (checked both email accounts including spam). I get emails from Seabourn what seems like daily:rolleyes:

Interestingly I did get the email via a forward from someone who I'm not sure got my email:confused: Such mysteries:p

Mystery emailer IDed:D

I may have to have DJ's DH sign up for email notices a la FT and zqvol!

I received the SeaDream e-mail about mid-day yesterday, about 2 hours after paying for our trip on the Sojourn. We were undecided between SeaDream, Silversea and Seabourn. Then all of a sudden Seabourn had a "Private Sale" so we jumped at it, and 24 hours later SeaDream followed suit. With the new Odyssey, Sojourn & Spirit out there, that's alot of cabins to fill for a December cruise in the Caribbean!

Archived