CB - C731 or R309

tyd

C731! I like being aft. Plus the cabins on Caribe have a larger balcony, that's half covered and half uncovered. The balcony on Riviera would be completely covered -- although that's not a bad thing. I had a covered balcony and really never gave it a thought one way or another.

Neither of them are in bad locations; R309 is under cabins, not under a public deck, so it shouldn't be noisy, and you're close to the pool deck and close to the elevator/stairs so that's a plus. Long walk back to the buffet and laundry room, though. The latter might not matter so much on a short cruise; I'm just having flashbacks to my long cruise on the Coral, needing to do laundry/ironing several times, and having a cabin so far from the laundry room it was in another time zone.

C731! I like being aft. Plus the cabins on Caribe have a larger balcony, that's half covered and half uncovered. The balcony on Riviera would be completely covered -- although that's not a bad thing. I had a covered balcony and really never gave it a thought one way or another.

Neither of them are in bad locations; R309 is under cabins, not under a public deck, so it shouldn't be noisy, and you're close to the pool deck and close to the elevator/stairs so that's a plus. Long walk back to the buffet and laundry room, though. The latter might not matter so much on a short cruise; I'm just having flashbacks to my long cruise on the Coral, needing to do laundry/ironing several times, and having a cabin so far from the laundry room it was in another time zone.

We sailed aft during our last cruise with Carnival and was on lowest deck. We had no issues with movement or feeling sick. We were not as far back aft as cabin C731 on CB though.

2 nights prior to end of our cruise I noticed I felt a lot more movement (rocking & vibrations) being aft and on higher decks--again nothing in our cabin on lowest deck. We traveled in November on that cruise as well.

Can you tell me if you have experienced this being so far aft? I really would prefer the larger balcony, but do not want to be sick my entire cruise.

This will be our 1st balcony, trying to surprise the DH.

Archived